UKC

Courier's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 10 Nov 2015
Need some advice.
Got quite a big parcel (15kgs) i need collecting from belfast between 11am and 1pm and delivering to chester.

Which courier would you use?
In reply to goldmember:

Not My Hermes, under any circumstances.

DPD have always been reliable for me.
 FesteringSore 10 Nov 2015
In reply to goldmember:

Courier's what?
 deepsoup 10 Nov 2015
In reply to FesteringSore:

Apostrophe. It's very like a Greengrocer's.
 Neil Williams 10 Nov 2015
In reply to Frank the Husky:
Hermes is very variable depending on who runs it locally. My local one is very good and I've never had a problem with it. They are also very cheap.

That said, a 2 hour collection slot is very much in the realm of the premium services.
Post edited at 11:12
OP goldmember 10 Nov 2015
In reply to Neil Williams:

happy to pay for it, if i can find it
 Indy 10 Nov 2015
In reply to Frank the Husky:
> Not My Hermes, under any circumstances.

How the idiots at My Hermes are in business is one of lifes true mysteries. Avoid like a dose of the plague.
Post edited at 11:16
SanchoPascoe 10 Nov 2015
In reply to goldmember:
i have to say that in four years and 40 plus parcels, using myHermes I have only had one problem with a delivey. That said 15kg is a bit beyond their remit.Try one of the parcel comparison websites such as parcel-to-go because that will filter out the size and collection timeslot issues. And check the exclusions as well, they can vary a lot from carrier to carrier.
Post edited at 11:48
In reply to goldmember:

If cost isn't an issue, why not just take to a Post Office? Or isn't that an option?
OP goldmember 10 Nov 2015
Sadly it needs to be collected and in a certain window
Post edited at 12:04
In reply to goldmember:

DPD may well do that, give them a go. If not...you may have to change your requirements!
 Sealwife 10 Nov 2015
In reply to goldmember:

Fedex or TNT. It'll probably cost you though.
Timarzi 11 Nov 2015
In reply to goldmember:

Nimber?
OP goldmember 11 Nov 2015
Anyone us APC, stumbled across them ??
 Neil Williams 11 Nov 2015
In reply to goldmember:

I believe they do Amazon Logistics in some places (e.g. Milton Keynes). Seem to be OKish, though are definitely at the budget end with Yodel etc in terms of the customer service (this may however be at Amazon's behest).
OP goldmember 11 Nov 2015

I've had mixed experiences with Yodel, they had a package to me with 12 hours, then they lost one and blamed me!
 Mooncat 11 Nov 2015
In reply to goldmember:

> Anyone us APC, stumbled across them ??

Used to be a director of them, honest opinion is they're variable depnding upon operator/region. Overall at the better end of the cheaper couriers.
In reply to Mooncat:
I think it's fair to say that all couriers are variable depending on local staff to some extent. Parcelforce, which should typically be fairly reliable, is atrocious around here because of one lazy, incompetent courier who sadly serves my area and can't be bothered to look for[1] my house, so either falsely "cards" or misdelivers entirely (one parcel was never found). Every other person who's had trouble finding it has phoned to ask for directions and the delivery has succeeded, and most seem to find it on their own by looking at a map.

When I've taken them to task for it, it seems they know he is an issue but for some reason the senior management can't or won't do anything about it.

The regular postie (for smaller stuff) is great, though.

[1] It fronts onto a footpath so using sat-nav can bring you out in a few different places, all of which are walkable to it.

Neil
Post edited at 12:36
 Fraser 11 Nov 2015
In reply to goldmember:

Not sure about specific time slots, but I've used My Hermes and Parcel Monkey in the past and both have performed well.
In reply to Fraser:

The only way to get a timeslot from Hermes is to drop it off yourself at one of their agents (there are a lot - corner shops do it).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...