UKC

best scrambling shoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Kelly 12 Nov 2015
Need to replace inov8 mud rock 290? Very old, very sticky on the diverse surfaces on wet scrambles
Can't make any sense of inov8 website
Which is best shoe
What is 'sticky' compound
Are there any other contenders
 Rick Graham 13 Nov 2015
In reply to John Kelly:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=622354

John, the Ganda guides are state of the art, and on offer.

Just got some in 44.5 if you want to try them out , Rick.
 More-On 13 Nov 2015
In reply to Rick Graham:

Good call if you fit La Sportiva.
If your foot is Scarpa shaped like mine, then the Zen Pro is rather good. They do both a shoe and a mid.
OP John Kelly 13 Nov 2015
In reply to Rick Graham:
I hadn't spotted them, they look great (and cheap) will have to give em a go - they could replace my scarpa Zens - I fit sportiva

I'm 43 in scarpa so 44.5 might be a bit on roomy size but thanks anyway

Post edited at 19:26
In reply to More-On:

zen pro - had a couple of pairs, great, just moving into pair of scarpa crux, not that impressed at mo, the tounge moves, may sell em
Calski 13 Nov 2015
In reply to John Kelly:
I've got a pair a Scarpa Oxygen GTX shoes at the moment and am very happy with them - spent three days on the Ben's Great Ridges in September and couldn't ask for more in terms of comfort and grip. Only downside is that they are not as good on edges as other approach shoes I've used.
In reply to John Kelly:

I probably need to be a bit more specific - wet day - Gwynnes chimney, Sandbed Ghyll, Corvus or in better weather approaching/leaving any mountain crag - some grass, bit of slime, touch of rock, good for slinging from harness - probably sub 500g with fell running style sole but which shoe has the best sticky compound

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...