UKC

Basic harness for lots of sitting in as well as climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Pylon King 12 Nov 2015
Any recommendations for a basic harness that is really comfy for lots of time hanging in it. I spend a lot of time cleaning and shunting and am not bothered about super light or with loads of gear loops etc.

cheers

Urgles
 zimpara 12 Nov 2015
In reply to Urgles:

Petzl sama in red.
Great little harness and around 35 pounds.
Can't go wrong.

I sat in it for an hour straight whilst sat in a hanging belay on kinky boots waiting for rescue.
 HeMa 12 Nov 2015
In reply to Urgles:

depends...

Generally bigwall harnesses are the best. Widest and most comfiest around. The Ocun Weebee Quatro or what ever it was, might be just the ticket. That is, you want a harness that is really comfy for both climbing and also for sitting on the rope.

But to be honest, if the sitting on rope is like when you're shunting. More "normal" harnesses are ok (as long as they fit you right). And if the sitting on ropes is like photography or such... well a normal harness and a bosuns chairs would be the thing to get.
 Dave Williams 12 Nov 2015
In reply to Urgles:

What you're trying to say is that you've got a tiny little bottom!

A couple of suggestions: Pop down to the caving shop in Cheddar and try on a caving SRT harness. They are designed to be sat in a lot, so see what you think. I sometimes use mine (from Caving Supplies in Buxton) for cleaning and shunting (and drilling! :-0) The other thing I use is a chest harness linked to a climbing harness via a small maillon. This spreads the weight nicely.

HTH

Dave
In reply to Dave Williams:

> A couple of suggestions: Pop down to the caving shop in Cheddar and try on a caving SRT harness. They are designed to be sat in a lot, so see what you think.

@ £200?!?!?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...