UKC

Big Feet B/C2's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jeffers696 12 Nov 2015
Hey guys, i have size 48/49 feet and am new to winter mountaineering but im making the plunge and want to buy some B2 boots, C2 crampons.

So far im struggling to find makes that sell up to my size. Scarpa Manta is the only ones i have found really. Can any one recommend a make/model to have a look at?

Nice one Paul
Ysgo 12 Nov 2015
In reply to jeffers696:

Was just going to suggest the Manta here

http://www.needlesports.com/29981/products/scarpa-mens-manta-pro-gtx.aspx

Only other companies I know to look for would be Salewa (very hard to find anyone with stock of the biggest sizes), or Meindl (not sure if they do B2s but certainly do some boots up to a 15!)
 kerry cooper 13 Nov 2015
In reply to jeffers696:

La sportiva boots definitely do a 48 and most crampons have long bars available that will make them fit the larger boot.
 MG 13 Nov 2015
In reply to jeffers696:
B3 but la Sportiva Nepals go up to 50. Try Needlesports.
 kerry cooper 13 Nov 2015
In reply to Ysgo
Sportiva do 36 to 48 Inc half sizes and 49 & 50 but you might need to order in.
 Oli Greg 13 Nov 2015
In reply to jeffers696:

I have size 48 feet and have always gone for scarpa (although my local shop had Kayland upto 49, which fit well) without any problems.
I'm not sure if others have found this aswell, but I find that large sized boots have more flex to them than smaller boots, due to the leverage I assume.
So a B3 boot is akin to a B2.5 and a B2 boot is akin to a B.15.... Maybe it's just me.
 richprideaux 13 Nov 2015
In reply to jeffers696:

Another canoe-foot person here (48)...

La Sportiva Trangos, Nepals and others in the range all readily available in 48 from Cotswolds etc, Scarpa range too. I've never had trouble finding boots, in fact I often find bargains in Rock Bottom and other outlets as they are end-of-line leftovers.

As for crampons you may need an extension plate for 48 and above. My Salomon B2s needed the extension bar but I can use the standard one with my LS Nepals (G12 crampon).

richprideaux 14 Nov 2015
In reply to BikeClimbWalk:

> I'm not sure if others have found this aswell, but I find that large sized boots have more flex to them than smaller boots, due to the leverage I assume.

> So a B3 boot is akin to a B2.5 and a B2 boot is akin to a B.15.... Maybe it's just me.

Same here.

OP jeffers696 21 Dec 2015
In reply to jeffers696:
Well finally i got my self some La Sportiva Nepals is size 49. Pretty pleased with them except for the price tag! £50 extra for a size 49.

Found the mantas to be too narrow. really not many options out there!
Post edited at 11:11

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...