UKC

Kalymnos in March

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 12 Nov 2015
Or more specifically are there many climbers around? I'm thinking of going out there for an extended trip.

Al
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 12 Nov 2015
In reply to GridNorth:
It is me again

March can be quite busy up to Easter though nothing like October, then very busy over the Easter two weeks, then it may quieten a little after Easter or stay busy depending how late in the year the holiday is.

It is my favourite time of year there, everything is green, no hornets, not too many climbers - mint:

http://chriscraggs.blogspot.fr/2015/03/east-is-easter-it-is.html

Chris
Post edited at 20:57
OP GridNorth 12 Nov 2015
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thanks for that. Can't make my mind up whether to go to Sicily on the CC meet for 2 weeks or Kalymnos for longer. If I go to Kalymnos I can go for 4 -6 weeks and my mate may join me in April. A friend who lives there has offered to look for apartments for me. I'm hoping for a cheaper rate with it being a longish lease and out season.

Al
In reply to GridNorth:

Easter is very early this year, I think it might stay quiet. You should get a good deal on a longer let out of season - even if it actually includes the Easter period. You might need to tout about a bit but should easy get a 25/30% reduction

Chris
OP GridNorth 12 Nov 2015

That's good news but am I likely to find a partner before my mate arrives. I've never had a problem in either October or April but at those times just about everyone I know seems to be there

Al
In reply to GridNorth:

> That's good news but am I likely to find a partner before my mate arrives.

That I can't say!

Chris
OP GridNorth 13 Nov 2015

Are there many climbers knocking about at that time of year?

Al
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 13 Nov 2015
In reply to GridNorth:

As I said earlier, as March progresses it can be quite busy, but nothing like October - Easter will always be busier again.

Chris
 sammiKrogers 15 Nov 2015
In reply to GridNorth:

Me and a group of mates are heading out around Easter time, still need to book flights and that but I'll keep you posted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...