UKC

'Find me a car' service

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Stewart 15 Nov 2015
I've heard of people offering to help find a car for a hundred quid or so - friends of friends, but people I'm no longer in touch with. I massively can't be arsed with the whole task of getting a new car (after a Berlingo type thing, possibly converted as a camper but not a van) and would gladly pay for assistance.

Does anyone know someone who does this?
 TMM 15 Nov 2015
OP Jon Stewart 15 Nov 2015
In reply to TMM:

> Let me know where I can mail the invoice!

Once I get the low-down on the vehicle, no worries.
 Philip 15 Nov 2015
In reply to TMM:

> Let me know where I can mail the invoice!

You forgot to limit the price to a couple of hundred quid as the OP asked.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201510097670898?make=citroen&...

Where do I send myinvoice ?
In reply to Philip:

Do you think it's odd that people do offer exactly what I'm asking about?

And what's odd about calling on someone else's knowledge (for money) to help with something where that knowledge is very valuable?
In reply to Jon Stewart:
I know locally there is a trader who just sources vehicles for the independent dealers and occasionally for the public for a small fee (no showroom, no stock held). I got rid of a car through him for a £50 fee, no hassle. To find your equivalent ask a local independent dealer for a contact?

There are also some of the small independent garages locally that will source almost any vehicle through their contacts for a fee though they are usually dearer as they have to pay their middleman. Usually done on an order basis so your committed if they find what you asked for.
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

Cheers, a helpful response. Usually UKC is pretty good for finding these kind of contacts in Sheffield, let's see if it turns anything up. I'm hoping find someone through personal recommendation if possible.
 Philip 15 Nov 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

I was just joking.

Yes people like this exist. I almost bought a Merc CLS on Friday (got a Audi a7 instead). The Merc was being sold by an ex-merc dealer who is semi retired and dabbles a bit. He'd sold the CLS before I got to see it, but by then I decided to stick with Audi. He did offer to help source a Merc if I wanted.

So, perhaps your best bet is to find a good independent Citroen servicing garage and phone them. They'll probably be ex-citroen and will know the right person. You want an ex Citroen salesman or buyer who's not working for a dealership.
 Sealwife 15 Nov 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

JRW Cars, you'll find him on Facebook. He does exactly what you are after. You give him the spec, he'll find the motor for you. He is based in Orkney but might well be able to find you something as most of his work involves sourcing vehicles from mainland UK for people who live in the Northern Isles.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...