UKC

Dead feeling in shoulder- advice needed!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Graham Booth 16 Nov 2015
Ok, been having some shoulder issues for a few months now, which I have had physio for.

Was just general soreness which I have had some exercises to alleviate.

However, bouldered sat and Sunday and now my shoulder feels "dead" and there is a definite loss of sensation in it.

Slightly worried this is axial nerve impingement and was wondering if anybody else had this?

Going to book a physio appointment tomorrow for ASAP.

Any thoughts?
 alx 16 Nov 2015
In reply to Graham Booth:

Hi Graham, i have had this from time to time - the numb patches then followed by pins and needle sensations. Best relief I found was a getting a tennis ball and trapping this between a wall and the afflicted area and grinding up and down like a sheep scratching its bum on a bit of fence.

> and now my shoulder feels "dead"

Dead as in numb; no sensation? How about across your chest, over the collar bone?

C4 spinal compression (he asks, looking at a dermatome chart)? Do you sit at a computer all day? If so, what's your posture like?

I am not a medic, but I have had to use a dermatome chart, and changing seated posture made a fairly miraculous change to my symptoms (higher up the spine in my case).

OP Graham Booth 17 Nov 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:

Yes have been using the tennis ball technique to get rid of crunchy bits in my shoulder!

Just a bit of numbness in my shoulder really,
Nowhere else

Have a Physio appointment for Thursday

Surprising lack of advice for UKC!

I'd go and see a doctor if its been giving you jip for a while!!!
In reply to dringocymru1988:

In my experience GPs are crap at anything sport related unless the limb is actually hanging off!!!

I got referred through work to a neurologist, who, after getting an MRI, looked at it and said I had 'a sensitive nervous system'. I ran that through my bullshit translator, which said "I don't know what's wrong with you".

Fortunately, the company also had an Austrian physiotherapist, and she came and assessed my seating, cycling and walking posture, and pointed out my poor seating posture (chin on chest). Some strict instructions later (about where to place my testicles...), and a bit of rearrangement of my monitor, and a new chair, and the symptoms vanished practically overnight. I still have to be careful to sit properly.
OP Graham Booth 18 Nov 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:

Hmm pretty strict on my posture at work so doubt it's that but Physio tomorrow so guess we will see!!

Just need to get my shoulder sorted and then everything is perfect!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...