UKC

What wireless speaker system?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave 17 Nov 2015
Looking for advice on a wireless speaker system for a present. Sonos was highly recommended by one shop, is there anything else I should look at ? I'm looking for at least three units for a big house to use with Spotify and Apple music and possibly to link to a regular hifi. Budget in 100's not 1000's
 mav 17 Nov 2015
In reply to Dave:

In the end I went with Sonos. I did look closely at Simple Audio, and it's possible it had the edge on sound, but the sonos app for controlling was better, sonos had a slightly lower price and also, as a company they seem to have the critical mass to last a while, while simple audio was younger. This was two years ago, I've a three part sonos system which will grow by 1 or two bits at Christmas, (fingers crossed).

nb - I don't use apple, so can't vouch for either system with that. Sonos did drop bbc radio sports broadcasts earlier in the year, but the patch comes next month. Basically bbc couldn't tell if you were listening to the game in a country they could broadcast too.
Kipper 17 Nov 2015
In reply to Dave:

Have a look at the Pure Jongo stuff.
 Axel Smeets 17 Nov 2015
In reply to Dave:

I've got a Naim Mu-so and I can highly recommend it. It's a standalone unit though so it might be worth checking if Naim do a multi room product.

First Naim product I've owned and I'm seriously impressed.
In reply to Dave:

Ive got the Bose Soundtouch 30 and 20 which can be operated separately or in sync. Sound is awesome, app is OK. Plays from my home NAS via Plex. All in all very good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...