UKC

Tonight's Football

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
GriffonVulture 17 Nov 2015
I detest football but, in my heart, I wish all the fans and players well tonight. When you sing La Marsellaise sing it as if your life depends upon it. Give your all. Show the cowards, murderers and rapists that we will not be beaten.

Stay safe.
 FesteringSore 17 Nov 2015
In reply to GriffonVulture:
Thought a few more on here would have echoed and supported your sentiments.
Post edited at 19:26
 earlsdonwhu 17 Nov 2015

Most English are reluctant to sing our anthem and certainly have no ability to speak French ....but obviously hope it goes well.

German game called off due to late security issue.
 elsewhere 17 Nov 2015
I'm no singer but rather than beer we'll crack open a bottle of french red this evening as we watch.

Wembley looks very French.

The Germany game in Hanover has been called off due to a security alert. Hopefully a false alarm.
 Trangia 17 Nov 2015
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> The Germany game in Hanover has been called off due to a security alert. Hopefully a false alarm.

The Hanover Chief of Police has just said they had sound evidence of an explosive device at the stadium. He is saying the whole city is on high alert and the threat is serious. Another stadium in Hanover hosting a concert has also been evacuated.

Back to the OP I agree. Well done the players and crowd who are showing these b*stards that our way of life will not be threatened by their evil intent.

Vive La France!
 Dave the Rave 17 Nov 2015

> I detest football but, in my heart, I wish all the fans and players well tonight. When you sing La Marsellaise sing it as if your life depends upon it. Give your all. Show the cowards, murderers and rapists that we will not be beaten.

> Stay safe.

Better still, obtain a ticket and go. There's not a chance I would.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...