UKC

Fitbit Surge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulHermes 18 Nov 2015
Trying to get fit again after illness and this looks like a good motivator.
Anyone using it??
In reply to PaulHermes:

I've got a charge HR and its great. Insights into steps, calories, sleep and heart rate are surprisingly useful. The novelty has worn off with it and now its just an easy way of gauging my daily allowance of cake/beer, without getting in the way - exactly what you'd want!

The friends leaderboard is a good way of getting you to do a bit more as well - if you get one feel free to add me for additional motivation!
rob sykes 18 Nov 2015
In reply to PaulHermes:

i can't give you any info on the Fitbut but if you're looking for motivation i can recommend Strava? Free to download (I use it on an iphone). As you'd expect it records distance and times but also your PBs over standard distances. I have a regular lunchtime run that i do and it records and stores these times so you can see how you're running. May be worth investigating as a free option?
 Y Gribin 22 Nov 2015
In reply to rob sykes:

+1 for Strava.
It's transformed my (beginner) running as I get a huge amount of motivation from friends. I think this type of online service (there are many) is more important than the actual device you use. Fitbits work with Strava.
OP PaulHermes 23 Nov 2015
In reply to PaulHermes:

Yes I have Strava, mainly use it for cycling and did used to use Runkeeper.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...