UKC

Chester runners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rampikino 18 Nov 2015
Any regular runners on here who run in and around Chester? I am looking to set up a ParkRun or similar event in Chester and would be interested to canvas views and also try to get a view on enthusiasm and likely candidates for volunteers.

Please contact me via this site.

Thanks

Mat
 goldmember 18 Nov 2015
In reply to Rampikino:

Hi mate,

i'm interested in a more local park run than the delamere or the 'port. where you thinking?
Also interested in running partners for longer run's.

would we worth getting in touch with chester tri and WC athletic club.
 steveriley 18 Nov 2015
In reply to goldmember:

You'd be welcome to come and join the Helsby gang tonight or any Monday or Wed. I'll be on the trail with a headtorch
 goldmember 18 Nov 2015
In reply to steveriley:

Thanks mate. With work i can only do the weekends but i'd love to get involved if you do weekends
 steveriley 18 Nov 2015
In reply to goldmember:

Usually races or informal training between mates on weekends - lots of people that can't always make club nights though. Penmaenmawr fell race on Sat
OP Rampikino 18 Nov 2015
In reply to goldmember:

A couple of fairly central locations - looking into permissions. An example would be the Millennium Greenway.
 JamButty 19 Nov 2015
In reply to Rampikino:

Injured at the mo, but sounds good. Delamere too far for a 5K. They did a trial one at Errdig? not sure what happened there.
Look forward to what you try and pull together....
OP Rampikino 26 Nov 2015
In reply to JamButty:

I was at the trial event in Erddig which did go well and had a massive turnout. I believe Erddig ParkRun may well start up in the spring. Still a gap in Chester though...
 AliBaxter 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Rampikino:

Great idea. Contact Chester Road Runners (https://chesterroadrunners.wordpress.com/), a young, growing club with improving infrastructure and lots of regular members of a whole variety of levels. I'm sure they would be keen for a local parkrun. Not a local/club member but know someone who would definitely love a more local event.
 goldmember 25 Jan 2016
In reply to Rampikino:

Hows the parkrun coming along? Delamere had about 250 at the weekend
OP Rampikino 25 Jan 2016
In reply to goldmember:

Hello - it's making slow but steady progress and, in keeping with how parkrun like to do things, I am not going to say too much because they like to keep things low key so as not to get hopes up when nothing is finalised. I will summarise as follows:

* We've been looking at 4 different routes. We have permission on 3 of them and have not approached the owners for the 4th as yet.
* One of the 4 has been eliminated as it is likely to cause too much conflict with cyclist groups.
* Of the two we have permission for, both have quirks of the route that we need to iron out to ensure we are within the parkrun rules.
* We have secured the required funding.
* We have worked closely with parkrun and we are going through the process (slowly and steadily) of homing in on the right location and route.

I would say to be optimistic but also patient!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...