UKC

Terror vs Love , Friendship Etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Columbia753 19 Nov 2015
How many people on here would have now or in the past a relationship, friendship, one night stand, etc with some one who they knew was going down the wrong path?

This question covers any combination of the sexes and any law breaking action etc of any political persuasion etc.

Basically love, friendship etc conquering violence........Thinking this will provoke a few replies............

Discuss..................
 Timmd 19 Nov 2015
In reply to thewho:
A lifelong friend got briefly involved in some criminality in his teens, of an intoxicant kind and I remained his friend, and now he's 'respectable and middle class' and helps people with different kinds of mental problems.

I'm guessing you're alluding to more serious things?
Post edited at 14:23
Columbia753 19 Nov 2015
In reply to Timmd:

Am sure he appreciated your friendship and still does.

Am alluding to as serious as possible. We each have our own rules and lines of friendship, relationships etc.

The woman that blew her self up in Paris today, would any man on here if they had the chance to persuade her by what ever means not do it and rethink what shes got into?
 Timmd 19 Nov 2015
In reply to thewho:
I'm wondering if you become more aware of side effects (potentially) which may come along with knowing people who do certain things, to do with the circles they'd be a part of, and the potential for any fallout to impact on yourself as you get older?

When you're in your teens it can be as simple as somebody is your friend and that's it.

I left my teens thinking that there's no such thing as 'bad people', only people who are 'bad for you', there often seemed to be a back story for people who did the bad or antisocial things.

I think I still largely think that, but a bit less neutrally - as it were, it becomes less easy to it can seem, that the more you become aware of, the more you'd sometimes like something bad to happen to those who hurt others, which doesn't get you anywhere.

In the end it's yourself who you need to judge, ask yourself if you're actually being as good as you think you're being (but it's impossible to be perfect).
Post edited at 18:43
 Greasy Prusiks 19 Nov 2015
In reply to thewho:
> The woman that blew her self up in Paris today, would any man on here if they had the chance to persuade her by what ever means not do it and rethink what shes got into?

Without wishing to be blunt does question boil down to "would I team up with my old chap to fight evil?" or "can you love someone into a better person?"
Post edited at 18:35
 RockAngel 19 Nov 2015
In reply to thewho:
After living with an alcoholic, no amount of love, from a partner, child and his family helped him. It destroyed practically every aspect of his life. I've gotten hard hearted, where if they don't want to help themselves, I'm not going to stick around trying to persuade them. I don't have my life to waste on broken promises
Columbia753 19 Nov 2015
In reply to Timmd:

Yeah is very difficult at times to know what to do. We all have our own rules and ideals

Alot of issues are fluid at any given moment.

Columbia753 19 Nov 2015
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

If nothing else could of maybe made her stop and think, but probably been brain washed.

Some would reply whats evil.........definition please.

Or no such thing, Just right and wrong depending on your moral code or laws of your country of residence.
Columbia753 20 Nov 2015
In reply to RockAngel:

Hi,

When some one is addicted to some thing is a very difficult situation.
He wasted his life and flushed it away but you had to walk away from it, you did the right thing for you. Well done.
 Brass Nipples 20 Nov 2015
In reply to thewho:

So what's your story?

Columbia753 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Orgsm:

Have no story to tell as a back ground for thinking this posting up.

Thought it would provoke more of a reaction. Maybe people thinking of number one only or too bigger leap to even imagine doing this?
 Timmd 21 Nov 2015
In reply to thewho:

I wonder if that it's rather an abstract concept might be more likely?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...