UKC

Car Recovery insurance. Best deal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Co1in H 19 Nov 2015
I'm looking to buy some motor recovery insurance but these websites are a nightmare.
You fill in one page which gives a price, click "Get a quote" which I thought I already had, and I get a bigger price.
Does anyone know about a cheapish deal for Homestart, National Recovery, Onward Journey and Roadside Assistance?
My car is a reliable VW and I have never had to have assistance in all of its seven years.
Any help would be appreciated.
 Babika 19 Nov 2015
In reply to Co1in H:

Mine comes "free" with the fee I pay First Direct every month and I've used it a couple of times for breakdowns and when I'm in someone else's car. I also get annual travel insurance which covers skiing as well and mb phone insurance.

Might be worth seeing if your bank does something similar but its only cost effective if you actually want it all!
 Jamie Wakeham 19 Nov 2015
In reply to Co1in H:

Auto Aid. £40 for the same onward travel / recovery to garage / overnight accomodation / homestart that you'd pay a fortune for from AA or RAC. The only downside is that it's pay and reclaim - so you pay the recovery driver with a credit card and then you bill Auto Aid - apparently they are excellent at reimbursing immediately, though I have never had to do so.
 Mountain Llama 19 Nov 2015
In reply to Co1in H:

I have used autonational for 15 years. called out 3 times with no issues. good value

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...