UKC

Big Expedition Bills!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Currently totting up expedition costs and feeling a bit weak in the knees.

To make me feel better, tell me about things you've done, skimped on or not done to afford that big trip. If you don't want to publicly admit it, just prefix your sentence with "My friend...".

Mountain Llama 20 Nov 2015
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

where are you going?

How long for?

How many people?

Went to Peru this summer, spent money like water and - thanks to a fortuitous alignment of settled invoices - arrived home with more money than I'd left with.

That's helpful, right?
 BnB 20 Nov 2015

Try taking your whole family skiing if you want to watch money fly out of your hands (at a rate of £1000 per day) in the mountains.

Does you feel any better now?
 Graham 20 Nov 2015

I've gone without insurance a few times - lucked out. Won't do that again! Where are you going? Peru is cheap as chips - both times I've gone I've ended up with more money than I started with!

Is going on expeditions now just a middle-class sport?
 Billy the fish 20 Nov 2015

My friend risked being affected by severe mountain lassitude by reducing the number of cases of champagne the porters have taken.
 Timmd 20 Nov 2015
I've not been on an expedition (yet), but I've scrimped on food spending to save up for bike parts in the past.

In the short term it was worth it I reckon. I was probably spending more than was 'essential' to start with.
Post edited at 21:34

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...