UKC

No thread on Trumps Muslims database and id system?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sharp 21 Nov 2015
Can't quite believe that a modern politician can get away with taking about forcing any a religious group to have its members on a database and publicly identified. Talk about not learning from history, first they come for the Muslims... What a stupid, stupid man.
 Dax H 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

There was one yesterday. Can't link to it from my phone though.
I can't help thinking it would be much better to number and round up all politicians to be honest.

First they come for the politicians, then we all live happy lives (until the food and money runs out)
 marsbar 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

The Daily Mash let me down on this one. Luckily the evening Harold has it covered.
http://eveningharold.com/2015/11/20/us-muslims-call-for-assholes-to-wear-wi...
Donald82 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

There is now!

I suspect (The) Donald isn't stupid.

Cheers, (a) Donald
 johncook 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:
I thought the original news source had rescinded it's report, saying that a review of the full recording did not show any evidence of trump saying they should be made to be publicly identified.
Almost all Americans carry some form of official id, and can be asked for it! Without some id services are hard to get, even down to getting alcohol. I don't think carrying official id is unreasonable.
Post edited at 10:12
 Philip 21 Nov 2015
In reply to johncook:

> I don't think carrying official id is unreasonable.

Really? So you pop out to pick up you partner/kids/wife from the train station a couple of miles away, without your wallet and you're stopped and fined (or worse) for lack of ID?

OP Sharp 21 Nov 2015
In reply to johncook:
A national id card is very different from forcing minority religious groups to resister themselves on a database, making them carry "special id" and legalising warantless searches (“a special form of identification that noted their religion”).Not sure what place someone's religion has on an id card, name, address, date of birth yes...religion no.
Post edited at 10:36
cragtaff 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

Ignore Trump, he is a nutcase.
KevinD 21 Nov 2015
In reply to cragtaff:

> Ignore Trump, he is a nutcase.

True. However the worrying thing is quite a few people seem prepared to vote for the nutcase.
 deepsoup 21 Nov 2015
In reply to KevinD:
Yep. I thought it was hilarious when he first stood for office. Not so funny now it seems he might actually get elected.

Funny how his supporters, who seem to have a lot to say about the constitution (especially the 2nd amendment), don't seem to have a problem with this. Presumably they think its various guarantees of "freedom of religion" apply only to their own religion.
Post edited at 14:03
Removed User 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

Just the other side of the same coin, scary........
 Robert Durran 21 Nov 2015
In reply to cragtaff:

> Ignore Trump, he is a nutcase.

It will be quite hard to ignore him when he is Commander in Chief and Leader of the Free World................still, it could be worse, we could get Carson who thinks that God should set tax rates and that the pyramids are grain storage silos......and then there's Ted Cruz.......
 Wsdconst 21 Nov 2015
In reply to johncook:

I agree,what's wrong with everyone carrying an I.d card,it would make people a lot easier to identify if they were involved in an accident, or collapsed in the street,I don't get why people are so against it.i don't think singling out one part of society to carry them is a good idea though.
 Darron 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

It really is great fun following Trumps efforts to get the GOP nomination. I hope he gets it - it will be even better and have the happy side effect of ensuring a Democrat victory. If his rant after the Republicans were beaten last time is anything to go on his acceptance of defeat speech should keep right minded folk smiling for a week.
 johncook 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp: I didn't invent, or necessarily agree with the American system, but one of the questions on the application form for SS number is religion (maybe just Texas) In Britain most official forms have this question but also have the option to prefer not to state' or something similar.

Neil Williams 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

It is very difficult to give any answer to this thread without immediately Godwinning it. (Google it )

Neil
In reply to marsbar:

Who disliked this post? It's

a) interesting, and
b) fairly relevant
 SambucaHughes 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

The scary thing is that this "proposal " will actually get some idiots to vote for him
 The New NickB 22 Nov 2015
In reply to Philip:

> Really? So you pop out to pick up you partner/kids/wife from the train station a couple of miles away, without your wallet and you're stopped and fined (or worse) for lack of ID?

This seems quite common in much of the world. I've nearly got in trouble a couple of times because of it. It makes me rather like the UK!
 The New NickB 22 Nov 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:

Thanks to a minority of sad fu*kers, some people get dislikes whatever they write!
Removed User 22 Nov 2015
In reply to Robert Durran:

Americans haven't been the leaders of the 'free world' for many years now, fortunately the public appears to finally be realizing this slowly but surely.
 Postmanpat 22 Nov 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:

> Who disliked this post? It's

> a) interesting, and

> b) fairly relevant

And needs an apostrophe. (and no, I didn't dislike it)
 wbo 22 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp: I think the real point is not ID cards. Writer Hunter Walker suggested a national database to register muslims. Just muslims. A journo suggests this to Trump,
Trump says he'd look at this , he's look at a lot of things. He wouldn'r rule it out.
Another journo - how is that different to Nazi Germany, jews?
Trump - you tell me, you tell me?

This causes heck because Trump is simple unelectable. But he is pulling the Republican base around, and those people select the presidential candidate via the primaries. So you have to win the primaries, and to do that people are adopting increasingly crazy positions, although in the long run, and to the mass electorate they look like complete loons
 Robert Durran 22 Nov 2015
In reply to Removed User:
> Americans haven't been the leaders of the 'free world' for many years now, fortunately the public appears to finally be realizing this slowly but surely.

Who is then? The EU? Up for grabs? Do you count China as "Free World"?
Post edited at 15:41

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...