UKC

Andy Kirkpatrick Glasgow tonight- Cancelled!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nathan79 21 Nov 2015
As the title says. He's stuck in Stornoway. Now I've traipsed through to Glasgow on the train for nowt. At least I can console myself with a pint.
 Dave the Rave 21 Nov 2015
In reply to nathan79:

> As the title says. He's stuck in Stornoway. Now I've traipsed through to Glasgow on the train for nowt. At least I can console myself with a pint.

Whys he stuck? I've got a copy of pyschovertical that you can have for 39p?
OP nathan79 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Dave the Rave:

Not sure. Rather handily this one was being held in a brewery though. I've got Psychovertical on my phone so reading a passage or two whole supping.
 Dave the Rave 21 Nov 2015
In reply to nathan79:

> Not sure. Rather handily this one was being held in a brewery though. I've got Psychovertical on my phone so reading a passage or two whole supping.

Nice one
 JLS 21 Nov 2015
In reply to nathan79:

Was there not a kayak he could have borrowed? After you going to all that effort with the train and all, you'd have thought he'd have put in some effort to get to the gig or at least die trying... Very disappointing.

gethin_allen 21 Nov 2015
In reply to nathan79:

Last time I was supposed to be seeing him talk he cancelled because he was apparently stuck in an industrial freezer.
 crustypunkuk 21 Nov 2015
In reply to gethin_allen:

Last time I saw Andy talk was at the Royal college of surgeons in Edinburgh a couple of years back. Got free tickets but I was apprehensive about attending such a prestigious place. I turned up, my fears were somewhat justified as.i was surrounded by all sorts of yahs both young and old in fine attire and couth of phrase. There were a few others in outdoorsy type clothing, so I wasn't entirely alone, but once in and seated and once Andy started talking I had a genuine lol watching them turning to each other trying to understand his accent and a few get up and leave at the mere mention of the 'f' word in his opening stories.
Top bloke and top tales.
 gethin_allen 21 Nov 2015
In reply to crustypunkuk:
I saw him in Sheffield students union years back and just like when I saw Dave Macleod in the Climbing works pretty much 90% of the audience was wrapped up in down jackets and a good proportion of the audience were people I'd seen in climbing films.
Nobody was really bothered by a bit of F**in.

I'd go and see him again if he wants to make his way down South and try and avoid getting stuck in a freezer this time.
Post edited at 22:20
 Smelly Fox 21 Nov 2015

I was there too. I agree it was full of toffs, but I had expected from an Edinburgh gig. Brilliant though wasn't he!

To the op... Don't be put off, he is a great public speaker. I'm sure he'll be back through Glasgow way again. Blame barney...
OP nathan79 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Smelly Fox:

It's rescheduled for next Saturday but I've an annual bothy night to attend.

He's in Leith this month too but alas I think it's sold out.
August West 22 Nov 2015
In reply to nathan79:
> He's stuck in Stornoway.

He's due to be in Kendal at 1pm Sunday.

The first ferry leaves Stornoway at 2.30pm.
 FactorXXX 22 Nov 2015
In reply to nathan79:

He's stuck in Stornoway.

Andy K has endured many things, but being stuck in Stornoway. Shudder...

August West 22 Nov 2015
In reply to August West:

Well he made it to Kendal somehow. Presumably not on the 2.30pm ferry...
 Mike-W-99 22 Nov 2015

I went to that one as well. I thought he did well trying to be restrained before cracking and the real Andy came out.
 Sharp 23 Nov 2015
In reply to nathan79:

Aye me too, didn't realise till we got to the venue. Bit disspointed as we'd rushed around trying to get to glasgow in time to rush a quick session at the wall...it did mean driving to aviemore at 6pm instead of 10pm though so that was welcome, hopefully be there this Saturday.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...