UKC

Why its called the beautiful game...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
One for the doubters...

youtube.com/watch?v=2U73ZlhKP7A&

Neymar stakes his claim for the ballon d'or

Its just like watching thistle...

:-D

coinneach 22 Nov 2015
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

Aye . . . . Like big Dennis McQuade in his pomp.

Firhill for thrills right enough!
In reply to coinneach:
Out of the relegation zone after yesterday's win!

Looking brighter with Kingsley now...

:-D

Edit: come on, dislikers, tell us what's not to like about that.... Sporting genius at work

Or are you all Madrid fans...

Post edited at 20:32
 Yanis Nayu 22 Nov 2015

Diffwent gwavy
 Dave the Rave 22 Nov 2015
A good goal. You can see this sort of goal in any division at any time , it's just they can't do it week in week out.
Much more skillful than egg chasing.
 Roadrunner5 22 Nov 2015

3 dislike it..

Poor version of Gazza's!

Him and Suarez have been superb since Messi was out. Madrid look in a mess, I think Ronaldo's off..

I'm hoping one of them come in for Coutinho as he is a class player.. He destroyed City yesterday.

Dave the Rave 22 Nov 2015
In reply to Roadrunner5:

> 3 dislike it..

> Poor version of Gazza's!

> Him and Suarez have been superb since Messi was out. Madrid look in a mess, I think Ronaldo's off..

> I'm hoping one of them come in for Coutinho as he is a class player.. He destroyed City yesterday.

Yes. Wouldn't want the bin dippers to get uppity.
In reply to Roadrunner5:
You think he's going back to Man U? Papers talking about it.

But then if he really wanted to go to a top club, he'd be off to Leicester...

Edit: and don't mention gazza's goal. nearly 20 years on and I still haven't got over that...!
Post edited at 22:01
 Trangia 22 Nov 2015
You might call it beautiful, but it's tame when compared to this

youtube.com/watch?v=LO1ZWGm5KnM&

RIP
Post edited at 22:15
In reply to Trangia:

One of the greats of any sport, its true

RiP indeed.
In reply to Dave the Rave:

> A good goal. You can see this sort of goal in any division at any time , it's just they can't do it week in week out.

> Much more skillful than egg chasing.

Not in Scottish div 2 you don't....!

Andy Farnell 22 Nov 2015

> Yes. Wouldn't want the bin dippers to get uppity.

Nothing like a bit of casual regional racism is there? Perfectly legit. You f*cking Muppet.

Andy F
In reply to andy farnell:

I didnt realise scouse was a race.

And stop f*cking swearing on my thread...!
 Andy Farnell 22 Nov 2015
I said regional racism. Now get back to your deep fried mars bars and buckfast. And stop playing that stupid bag of wind you skirt wearing ginger thicko.

Andy F
Regional racism? Is that one of these imaginary things? You know, like unicorn shit, Liverpool premier league championships, and England euro championship wins...?

Now off you go to the dole queue, I've got a pizza crunch supper to eat while I listen to the new proclaimers CD

Post edited at 22:42
 Andy Farnell 22 Nov 2015
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs: In all seriousness, regional racism does exist. There is a big difference between friendly banter and crossing the line. Dave crossed the line.

Andy F

I don't think It does (exist)

Abuse based on where you live does exist but its not racism because being scouse, or manc, or for that matter Scottish isn't a race, and wouldn't be a protected characteristic as set out in the Equalities Act.

Agreed it still isn't always very nice- but I'd have thought Daves comment was common or garden regional British pantomime abuse, like the Scottish stuff you posted, or welsh being fond of their livestock (ditto aberdonians), or anyone from a rural area being a farmer who is a bit too friendly with their relatives (also people from dundee, which counts as 'rural' in the buckfast-addled brains of us Glaswegians) - rehearsed to the point of banality and not meant with real malice.

Anyway, back on topic what did you think of neymar's goal...?

Cheers
Gregor

Edit: though your hijack is possibly a more interesting subject- what is the acceptable limit of 'banter' in a football context..?

As long as it leaves me free to be rude about Falkirk fans, I'll be ok with it....
Post edited at 23:08
 Roadrunner5 22 Nov 2015
Top of the table clash next week..

I think Ronaldo will end up at PSG..
In reply to Roadrunner5:

PSG? Surely not- that's just Man City but ina second rate league.

He's not short of cash- and what other reason is there to go there...?
 Andy Farnell 22 Nov 2015
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs: Neymars goal was quality. If he keeps improving he'll become half decent.

My comments were tongue in cheek, as was your reply. Dave's didn't come across that way.

Banter, in a football way is fine, if it doesn't become abusive.

Andy F

Roadrunner5 23 Nov 2015
I just think we won't pay 60 million for a 31 year old.. Which he'll be next summer. PSG would.

We paid 24 for RVP and we got one great season out of him before his legs went. I think Ronaldo will be class til 35-36 due to his power and fitness but I'd rather go for bale tbh..
Post edited at 00:57
 Roadrunner5 23 Nov 2015

I don't know..

I think it depends, I like uniteds 'Sign on Sign on' version of walk on, it's funny. I think that comes under banter.

I draw the line at Munich chants as I think that's comparable to hillsborough/heysel jokes..

I do dislike how the rivalries lost its humor, same with city, maybe that's because they are now successful but we should want top teams in the NW, for a start it makes derbies so much better.

Ferguson was interviewed in the U.S. Today and it had the clip of him saying how as fans the last minute wins, the losses to rivals are why we love football. He said it was knowing they'd sent fans home ecstatically happy after last gasp wins which gave him the most pleasure, and that wouldn't be possible without the losses, especially to rivals.

As a runner and coach it's what I always tell people when they are upset about a race, great races are only great because you have the lows to compare with.
 Paul249 23 Nov 2015

I was at the St Johnstone v Thistle game about 6 weeks ago and Saints battered them but somehow ended up losing 2-1, the first time we'd lost at home to them in 22 years! To be fair to the Harry Wraggs, their 2 goals were both Strikes Neymar would be happy with.

However, the mighty Saints have won every game since and the domestic treble is still well and truly on. Step aside as the mighty Perth juggernaut goes hammering on.. !!
 Dave the Rave 23 Nov 2015

Sorry that you took offence Andy.
 Roadrunner5 23 Nov 2015
In reply to Paul249:
We watch brechin as they are the local team to my parents house, see their keeper went to the wrong ground 80 miles away this weekend?

You get some good games, good crowd banter but generally apart from the pies it's not good quality
Clauso 23 Nov 2015

> Sorry that you took offence Andy.

Dee do do dat dough, don't dee dough?
 Gazlynn 23 Nov 2015
Meanwhile in non league football.

A great goal for the mighty reds.

youtube.com/watch?v=xgykji5-Uc8&

cheers

Gaz
Post edited at 10:10

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...