UKC

NEWS: Kendal Mountain Festival 2015: Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Nov 2015
Kendal Mountain Festival 2015, 4 kbThe biggest UK mountain festival is over for another year - Kendal was once again the hub for a gathering of outdoor enthusiasts, artists, filmmakers and authors united in a love for the mountains and copious volumes of beer. With headline speakers such as Tommy Caldwell and Catherine Destivelle, hundreds of film screenings, a rejuvenated Basecamp Village and more free events than ever before, Kendal 2015 certainly had a lot to offer.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:
Absolutely crazy that K2 won any film prize at all. Don't think I've ever seen such a bad 'mountain' related film. The sentiment/'story' is valid and very thought provoking but boy what a tripe film. I and my fellow film/mountain fans wanted to end our own lives from about 5-10 minutes into it, really badly shot and crap editing, maybe would have been okay/bearable if 10 minutes long. Saw it at the best of on Sunday night and loads of people were walking out, after it the volunteers who introduced/presented the session apologised at the door as we all left and admitted it was an awful choice/film. Don't know how it won anything, maybe because it had K2 in the title.

Other than that another great festival. Tommy Caldwell was brilliant to see and listen to. Oh and Denali is a must see (can be found on tube or vimeo - can't remember which)
Post edited at 17:59
 RBK 24 Nov 2015
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:

> Absolutely crazy that K2 won any film prize at all. Don't think I've ever seen such a bad 'mountain' related film.

Agreed, it was a really poor film, badly edited and far too long. How this won the grand prize and Line Across the Sky got nothing is pretty hard to understand.
 Bulls Crack 24 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

I thought about going but then read the forecast for the weekend
 kwoods 25 Nov 2015
In reply to RBK:

> [that] Line Across the Sky got nothing is pretty hard to understand.

I'm actually completely shocked to hear this.
 Lord_ash2000 25 Nov 2015
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:

I saw it at the best off too and I agree, it was depressing and boring, totally ruined the night for me, you're supposed to leave feeling inspired or psyched to go climbing, not depressed after what seems like hours of morbid talk about death. boring film and certainly not one to end on.
 Fatclimber 25 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Great weekend, but I managed to lose my phone. If any one has ended up with an Xperia that doesn't belong to them, I am offering £100 for it back, no questions asked. It has my daughters graduation pictures from Thursday on, so I am desperate to get it back.
In reply to UKC News:

I wasn't there, so I'm rather disappointed that the judge's adjudication speech for the B-T Award hasn't been posted yet. It seems very odd. I feel particularly sorry for Sandy Allan.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...