UKC

Harness review

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
speedymushmouse 26 Nov 2015
I'm thinking of treating myself to a new harness after 12 years. Any advice as to what's new and worth a look. My current one is a Petzl and I've been really happy with it , but I think it is no longer made.
 climber34neil 26 Nov 2015
In reply to speedymushmouse:

As with everything, try them on , see what fits and feels right for you but on a personal note I replaced my petzl hirundos with a mammut tigor slide, use it for everything and it's great, no comments at all
 StuDoig 27 Nov 2015

Fit is important, so the below recommendation is caveated by that. What kind of climbing are you mainly doing? That'll have an influence on which harness is best for you as well.

As an all rounder, I really like the Renegade 2 from DMM - really comfortable, reasonably light and plenty of room for rack. You used to be able to get a pro visions with an rethreaded buckle which I whish I'd bought, but I couldn't see it on DMM's site now when I just checked.

If it's a really light harness for alpine, winter, or touring then Black diamond Couloir is great - weighs practically nothing, compacts down to smaller than a mug and "nappy" style so easy to get on past crampons, skis etc. Wouldn't want to take it for a sports climbing holiday though!

I previously had an arcteryx R320a, which was a fantastic harness - except the sizing! Just wrong so that I couldn't use it in both summer and winter so replaced it with the renegade.

Hopefully helpful!

Cheers,

Stuart
ianj 27 Nov 2015

Hi , Just brought a DMM RENEGADE PRO 2 from Up and Under , but i got the wrong size M its for sale for £40 . plus postage . Only taken out of pack to try on .
Brand new , never used .
 jonnie3430 27 Nov 2015

I tried a petal hirundos and eldrid leaf last month and went for the leaf as it had slightly bigger leg loops. Would still recommend it.
 angry pirate 27 Nov 2015
In reply to ianj:

Good shout that. I bought a Renegade this year (from here, as it happens) and it's been a cracker. Tons of gear loops, really adjustable and very comfy. A huge improvement on my old black diamond!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...