UKC

scarpa Jorasses pro gtx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
thoughts on suitability for Scottish winter lower grade mixed/ice. I know people will say to check the fit but do you all take the same size for winter climbing boots as shoe size or end up with half size bigger to allow for thicker socks & more insulation?
ta.
 BnB 28 Nov 2015
In reply to Professor Bunsen:

My favourite boot to date for winter. Perfect balance of weight and warmth. Size as per normal footwear. Discontinued however so tell me where you can find them and I'll get another pair ordered quick!!
In reply to BnB:

They have 1 pair in my size 41 in a shop here in The Hague on clearance for 150 EUR . You might find your size on www.bever.nl.
 BnB 28 Nov 2015

Great price. Don't hesitate to buy them

Blackmud 28 Nov 2015

I have these. Took a punt on UKC as someone was selling them cheap barely used at my more less normal size. They're great. Only ever used them for Scottish winter. Worth a go and if they don't fit you should be able to sell them on without losing too much, surely.
 NottsRich 28 Nov 2015

I've used them for Scottish winter, summer alpine, and short winter alpine days. Scottish IV/V, WI 3/4 and easy alpine mixed. Fine for all of that, but don't quite fit my feet too well.

Struggled to get crampons to fit them as the toe box is rather narrow. I settled for Cyborg Pros with a narrow toe bail. The problem might not be so bad on larger boots, but my relatively small size 41 feet were a bit of a problem. Might be better with a basket and bending the front posts inwards, instead of a front bail? Good boots though.
 nation1 28 Nov 2015
In reply to NottsRich:

Yes I agree, I had a pair but not a good fit for my wide feet, I managed to wangle a refund at go outdoors after a few days use on the Ben, good boot otherwise.
In reply to BnB:
> Perfect balance of weight and warmth. Size as per normal footwear.

Ditto.

I'd also happily buy another pair of EU42 if they wear going cheap.

I have the front bails of my Grivel G20s offset by one hole to get a good fit but after perhaps 2hours of initial fettling I've had no issues at all.
 nation1 29 Nov 2015

I have a size 10 brand new for sale if anyone is interested ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...