UKC

Chulilla Accomodation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Adam Lincoln 29 Nov 2015
Looking for some accommodation over xmas. 19th Dec - 31st Dec.

For two people, ideally a bedroom each.

Self catering.

Wifi would be handy.

Anyone recommend anything, english speaking would be handy for organising.

Cheers!
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

I stayed here a year ago:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g1076376-d2107144-Apartam...

Very good location in the village - a few 100m downhill to the village shops; around 50m from the carpark where the walk-ins for the crags opposite the village begin.

Facilities-wise, nice and spacious, decently equipped kitchen, 2 bedrooms. At the time, there was a wifi which was good enough that we watched BBC on iPlayer and live football via our Virgin TV / Sky Sports subscriptions (though it did have weak periods, and no guarantee it's still there). No language problems - the owner and I emailed each other in English; his father did most of the on-the-ground stuff in Chulilla (letting us in etc) - not exactly fluent but neither is my Spanish(!) - we had no problems and he was a nice chap (brought us copies of the guidebook).
 Fraser 29 Nov 2015
Currently staying at La Rueda Apartamentos in Etmita, just a few hundred meters short of Chililla. I think the two rooms self catering is costing about £770 for 18 days. Restaurant attached and wifi in most places, not my room unfortunately! Speak to the boss about that.

Edit: not sure about the English speaking thing, am here with a couple of fairly fluent Spanish speakers.
Post edited at 18:03
 Fraser 03 Dec 2015
In reply to Fraser:

Can't re-edit on mobile so reposting:

The village we are in is La Ermita, just short of Chulilla. Wifi issue now resolved, and the woman owner / partner does speak reasonable English. HTH. If you're interested, I can fwd direct contact details rather than going through booking.com which is how I booked.
OP Adam Lincoln 03 Dec 2015
In reply to Fraser:

I looked already, they are booked sadly.
 Climber_Bill 03 Dec 2015

I can second http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g1076376-d2107144-Apartam... as recommended by The Big Friendly Moose.

Stayed there for a week in October last year and it was good. Very clean, quiet and close to the village centre. Some crags were within walking distance whereas others, such as Oasis, were just a short drive away.

Cheers,

TJB.
 jwi 03 Dec 2015
I think pretty much everyone in the world is going there over christmas/new years. We certainly had a bit of a hassle finding anything in Chulilla. You might have to cast you net a bit wider... looking for accommodation in nearby villages etc
Post edited at 22:28

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...