UKC

Best campsites in South Pembroke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 01 Dec 2015
Looking for recommendations for the above. Ideally, somewhere fairly basic but therefore not to costly; somewhere where you don't have to book exact numbers long in advance; preferably with a pub within walking distance. Needs to take vans. Not asking for much, I know.
We used to frequent the site next to St Petrox church but the queues at the loos was just unacceptable. Don't suppose that's changed?
 SenzuBean 01 Dec 2015
In reply to Rog Wilko:
> Looking for recommendations for the above. Ideally, somewhere fairly basic but therefore not to costly; somewhere where you don't have to book exact numbers long in advance; preferably with a pub within walking distance. Needs to take vans. Not asking for much, I know.

> We used to frequent the site next to St Petrox church but the queues at the loos was just unacceptable. Don't suppose that's changed?

St Petrox was good last May (probably because of the dire [but totally incorrect] forecast). There was 3 loos for the whole campsite in May, if that's what you had when you went?

There is also that other campsite near the pub. I recall hearing that it never used to have toilets, but that now it does - could be a good idea to phone them up and ask how many they have. I think it's probably less popular than St Petrox.
Post edited at 15:09
 John2 01 Dec 2015
In reply to SenzuBean:

The one near the pub in Bosherston usually has a Portaloo or two, but it's a short walk to some very nice toilets next to the NT car park at the lily ponds.
 SenzuBean 01 Dec 2015
In reply to John2:

> The one near the pub in Bosherston usually has a Portaloo or two, but it's a short walk to some very nice toilets next to the NT car park at the lily ponds.

I thought it recently (i.e. this year or so) had some new toilets put in (based on some signage I saw outside), but I could be totally wrong.
 John2 01 Dec 2015
In reply to SenzuBean:

I've never stayed there, but often see portaloos in the field as I drive past - if something new has been built I wouldn't know about it.
OP Rog Wilko 02 Dec 2015
In reply to John2:

Thanks guys, this could be helpful.
 Andrew Wilson 02 Dec 2015
In reply to Rog Wilko:
We stayed at St Petrox this August BH and the facilities were fine. Field was a bit boggy but no complaints.
Did not notice a pub in striking distance though.
We did spot what looked like a good little camp site in Bosherston, as you come into the village from the St Govans car park it is the first thing you see on the right. Looked like there was a toilet/wash up building there.

Andy
Post edited at 19:53
 spenser 03 Dec 2015
In reply to Andrew Wilson:

Bit boggy...
That's an understatement and a half, it was however quite amusing watching people get stuck in the mud in their cars/ vans (I did help most of them).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...