UKC

Advent Running

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Clare 02 Dec 2015
Hello all,

Just wondering - are any of you lovely UKCers doing Advent Running this year? There have been articles about it in the Guardian and the Telegraph (and I assume elsewhere too), and there's a Facebook group and a Strava group.

The idea is to do 30 minutes of activity every day between 1st and 25th December, to maintain a bit of fitness during what is traditionally a dark/murky/boozy/decadent month. Last year it was all about running but this year the organisers say any activity goes, from brisk walking to climbing to skydiving to whatever...

It's not intended as anything 'serious', just an encouragement to get out and be active.

So - are there any UKC Adventrunners out there?
 DaveHK 02 Dec 2015
In reply to Tall Clare:

There's also the Marcothon which involves running every day in December.
 bouldery bits 02 Dec 2015
In reply to Tall Clare:

I might have to do this! (minus 2 days...). Out of climbing with a finger injury atm so I suppose I should do something to keep some semblance of fitness.
Clauso 02 Dec 2015
In reply to bouldery bits:

It's a 25-in-25 thing, so bang in a couple of days with double sessions and you're back on track with the rest of us?
 hokkyokusei 03 Dec 2015
In reply to Tall Clare:

That would have been a great idea, had I not come down with the lurgy after a wet and windy run on sunday
 bouldery bits 03 Dec 2015
In reply to Clauso:

Ideal - will do. Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...