UKC

Harness Recommendation.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 swifty 04 Dec 2015
Hey,

Looking in investing in a new harness after Christmas. Currently I have a Black diamond Bod (which was my first harness). Now taking the sport a bit more seriously I am up for paying a little bit extra. My budget is 50-100 pounds. I currently am just doing sport climbing at a local gym (lead climbing) but hope to start more outdoor climbing next summer, making this my main focus. I really want something which is comfortable as I feel the Black diamond Bod can defiantly not be the best in that aspect..

Any suggestions, or advice for what I should be looking for in a harness?
 climbwhenready 04 Dec 2015
In reply to swifty:

You need to go to a shop that lets you hang in them, and try them on.

Things to think about are -

* Is it comfortable?
* How many gear loops do you want? (and is it easy to clip things onto them, are they positioned well, etc.)

um.... that's about it.
 Shapeshifter 04 Dec 2015
In reply to swifty:

I've had a Black Diamond Chaos, for a few years and just bought a new one. Lightweight, reasonably high spec and dead comfy. Best to have a sit hang in what you are buying though and not sure how many places still stock them.

Have heard good things about the current crop of Wild Country and DMM harnesses also.
OP swifty 04 Dec 2015
In reply to climbwhenready:

Well if its as easy as that I will have no problem!
 Owen W-G 04 Dec 2015
In reply to Shapeshifter:

I've always liked Wild Country ones

However, current harness has 7 gear loops, 3 on each side, and 1 loop on each side overhangs another loop which is a bugger as you can clip gear onto both.
 climbwhenready 04 Dec 2015
In reply to swifty:

The first one can sometimes be a bit tricky depending on body shape, you'll often find one is far more comfortable than all the others in the shop when you hang in it and then buy that one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...