UKC

Van insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 betathief 06 Dec 2015
Hi,

Me and the mrs are looking at buying a van and converting over the next few months, with the aim to travel to Europe and move around the Europe climbing scene for a year or so. So the question is, what van insurance is there to cover this type of trip? I know I have some green card days on my current car insurance, but I'm pretty sure I could not spend 365 days outside of the UK on it!

Any help from those in the know, or those who have done it before would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ant
 annep 06 Dec 2015
In reply to the ant hill mob:

Buy a skoda
 jon freestone 06 Dec 2015

Hi - we have just come back from a year doing the same, I had a nightmare trying to find insurance that would cover the van while it was getting converted and for 365 days in Europe but the camping and caravan club will cover this and it's mega cheap!! I pay about £280 a year for merc sprinter converted with 15,000 miles and unlimited European travel, you have to ba a member (£30ish). But I think the van has to be registered as a motor home with DVLA when the conversion is finished and you have a limited time to complete this, can't remember the exact details but give them a call they're quite helpful. Would be worth checking if you need a valid uk MOT as this would require a return to uk?? Anything else I can help with let me know? Jon
 DaveHK 06 Dec 2015

Try Adrian Flux.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...