UKC

Rope deals

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llanberis36 06 Dec 2015
Looking for single sport rope 60m

Does anyone know of any good deals going
In reply to llanberis36:

Try Rock & Run they often have some great deals.
 IPPurewater 06 Dec 2015
In reply to llanberis36:

Try Alkit.com. Some good deals there at the moment.
 Coel Hellier 06 Dec 2015
In reply to llanberis36:

Edelrid Perfect Sport Rope 9.8mm (60 Metres), £65 at Go Outdorrs, with a discount card. http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/edelrid-perfect-sport-rope-9-8mm-60m-p294127
Brend 06 Dec 2015
In reply to Coel Hellier:

Been debating that Edelrid rope as it looks a good deal, however there's no delivery from Go Outdoors and the nearest store is quite a trek from Llanberis!

If you're not planning a trip to Chester anytime soon then this is also a good deal from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Single-Rope-Evolution-9-8-MAMMUT/dp/B00GMI31EG/ref=...

PPP 06 Dec 2015
In reply to llanberis36:

Free shipping, decent rope: http://www.bergfreunde.co.uk/mammut-zopa-97-bergfreunde-edition/

I got 30m version and absolutely love it. Not sure how long would it last as it is still in pretty good condition.
 Oldsign 06 Dec 2015
In reply to PPP:

I have the same rope. Only used it a couple of times but no complaints so far.
 ianstevens 07 Dec 2015
In reply to PPP:
Beat me to it! It's often worth checking European sites when it comes to rope and shoes, and they are invariably cheaper for some unknown (to me) reason. Also worth a look at Bergzeit (DE), TrekkInn (SPA) and EpicTV Shop (FRA).
Post edited at 11:22
 PPP 07 Dec 2015
In reply to ianstevens:

Yeah, the problem is that their products are slightly different from what we get in the UK and Google Shopping (my main tool to hunt the lowest price) does not always find something you are looking for.
 ianstevens 07 Dec 2015
In reply to PPP:
I've never noticed any difference in the products, they just stock different things - so as long as you go via the webiste direct and read the descriptions it's fine
For example, I recently got a pair of Petzl half ropes for £157 with 10% off rather than the equivalent £270 from Joe Brown (I'm not picking on them, they're usually my go-to shop!)
Post edited at 14:40
 PPP 07 Dec 2015
In reply to ianstevens:

I mean, there are different models, so if you look for one thing on Google Shopping, similar products will not show up. For example, Mammut Zopa (as in previous link) is exclusive only to Bergfreunde.

Agreed regarding the prices, I bought a pair of 60m fully treated Beal Icelines for under 180 quid or so. I was sent a wrong rope (shorter and only sheath was treated), but got it replaced and shipping reimbursed. They are 330 at my local climbing wall (well, I get 20% off there...).
 Martin Bennett 07 Dec 2015
In reply to llanberis36:

Needlesports always very very good and often very competitive.

Never mind the foreigners; let's support Rock n Run and Joe Browns and The Climber's Shop and Needle Sports and V12 and Outside and the others that are left or we won't have 'em for long.
 whenry 07 Dec 2015
In reply to ianstevens:
Exxpozed is pretty good too - saved about £80 on an Edelrid rope from there recently.
Post edited at 17:56
 nutme 08 Dec 2015
In reply to ianstevens:

It has things to do with UK hight taxes and expensive labour.
 andrewmc 08 Dec 2015
In reply to nutme:
> It has things to do with UK hight taxes and expensive labour.

I think it's probably more to do with the weak Euro, given that stuff is often cheaper in Germany...

(PS I bought Premier membership with V12 so I'm not buying all my gear outside the UK!)
Post edited at 13:15
 ianstevens 08 Dec 2015
In reply to andrewmcleod:
Agreed. VAT is the same, French and German minimum wage is broadly similar to the UK (Wiki, sorry) yet prices are still lower. I doubt business rates are exceptionally high in the small villages most proper outdoor retailers inhabit.

The European Union really is a wonderful thing.
Post edited at 13:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...