UKC

Nepal Evo Pro 45 fit Petzl Lynx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 07 Dec 2015
Has anyone used the Petzl Lynx with the standard M plate on the Evo Pro, how was the fit.
 MrRiley 08 Dec 2015
In reply to Reggie Perrin:

By M plate do you mean the linking bar? If so, then yes I have and they fit fine. No need to fork out for the extra long one.

Incidentally, I also found that the Lynx front points end up angled inwards ever so slightly on the Nepals and after some enquiries it was recommended to me to swap the front sections of the crampons around. Left front section on right back section on right foot and vice versa. This did the trick!

Cheers,
Dave
J1234 08 Dec 2015
In reply to MrRiley:

Thank you that is helpful. I have been advised to try on the crampons with the boots, but to be totally honest I do not know what I am looking for, and I have grave doubts that the staff in some shops do either. Though I do know some who would.
I can buy these online next day delivery £132 which is a lot less than I can buy in a shop, so my worst case scenario is to sell secondhand after trying for a bit.
 MrRiley 08 Dec 2015

No worries. £132 for a set of Lynx sounds like a bargain! What kind of winter climbs are you doing now/aspiring to do? IMHO Lynx are a brilliant modular do-it-all crampon that will see you safely up (and down from) most routes. The only very slight niggle I have with them is the position and length of the secondary front points, in that they are not quite as aggressive as some, making them (for me) slightly trickier to engage on steep ice.
matejn 08 Dec 2015

I have an Evo pro in size 45 and there is no problem with standard link bar on Lynx crampons.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...