UKC

Looking for climbers in Gibraltar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Abdullah 08 Dec 2015
Hello fellow denizens of UKC. I'm looking likely to be living/working in Gibraltar for a few months starting January 2016, and hoping to find some locals to climb with.

I'm keen on sport climbing and bouldering. Are there are any friendly locals on the forums here who are interested in climbing with me, or can point me in the direction of any social groups/clubs?

Thanks!
Mike.
 biscuit 08 Dec 2015
In reply to Mike Abdullah:

Take a look on Facebook for dws Gibraltar.
 alasdair19 08 Dec 2015

I climbed with the gib zoo monkey keeper in the peak once nice guy. found him through here but you could go to the zoo i guess
 biscuit 08 Dec 2015
In reply to alasdair19:
Silo is his name on here
OP Mike Abdullah 09 Dec 2015
Much appreciated, thanks. I've since been informed that climbing is currently banned on Gibraltar which seems a real shame. I guess when the weather's warm enough for Deep Water Soloing, that's the best available! Certainly looks fun :-D
 6aplough 21 Dec 2015
Hey Mike,

Climbing has been banned on the actual rock for some time now, DWS is still available when it's warmer.

I live in Spain and work in Gibraltar, I try to get out every weekend to the sport and bouldering crags around here. There are about 4 quality sport climbing areas and 4 good bouldering areas all within 40 mins of Gib. Much more if willing to go a bit further.

Let me know if you want to meet up, I'm always keen and can hook you up with other people around here.

Name is Ben Clark for facebook or 07799132708 for Whatsapp.

Cheers
Post edited at 10:48

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...