UKC

Muslim Man Told To Get Off Tube-For Ipad Usage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rampikino 10 Dec 2015
In reply to Timmd:

Reading the full story breaks the headline apart a little - he wasn't really FORCED off the train, this looks like one person being a d#ck, plus a number of other passengers came to his defence...
 Mike Highbury 10 Dec 2015
In reply to Timmd:

> ....... Nice example of prejudice in action.

This is precisely what happens when we let people from the suburbs on to the underground.

(The man was a total tosser but where does it say that the guy with the iPad was forced off the train?)
 stevieb 10 Dec 2015
In reply to Timmd:

I'm glad I live in a country where out of 65 million people, someone being shouted at to get off a train but then defended by a number of other passengers is considered a newsworthy hate crime
 Siward 10 Dec 2015
In reply to Timmd:

The Independent, from being my paper of choice once, has REALLY gone downhill these last few years. Full of ridiculous headlines which are nothing more than biased polemical drivel based upon nothing than the columnist in question's leanings.

Much like any other paper then I suppose....
OP Timmd 10 Dec 2015
In reply to stevieb:
> I'm glad I live in a country where out of 65 million people, someone being shouted at to get off a train but then defended by a number of other passengers is considered a newsworthy hate crime

It's a timely reminder to not make assumptions about one another while fearful I dare say.
Post edited at 16:47

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...