UKC

iPhone 6s case recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drgrange 15 Dec 2015
Can anyone recommend a waterproof case for an iPhone 6s?
Looking to use it as a camera on winter climbs so it needs to be robust and have a lanyard

Thanks
 Neil Pratt 15 Dec 2015
In reply to drgrange:

Can't go far wrong with a Lifeproof case - I've been using a Fre on an iPhone 5 for about 18 months now with no dramas. Just make sure you get the genuine article - some of the 'bargains' available on Amazon are fakes.
OP drgrange 16 Dec 2015
In reply to Neil Pratt:

Thanks Neil
OP drgrange 10 Jan 2016
In reply to drgrange:

Thanks for all the help with this so far but I'm still struggling!

I bought a Lifeproof as I found a video online that showed you how to modify the case so it could take a lanyard.
They must have changed the design slightly as it doesn't work with the case I have.

The Catalyst cases look great but can't seem to get one in the UK (except dodgy ones on Amazon).
The PureGear ones don't seem to take a lanyard?

So any help finding a waterproof case for iPhone 6s that can take a lanyard would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance
 ianstevens 10 Jan 2016
In reply to drgrange:

Aquapac do a good case, definitely waterproof - I dropped my phone in a fish tank in it; it survived. For more day-to-day use I have my phone in an Otterbox, this is water resistant and would probably handle winter no dramas. I'll let you know in a few weeks!
OP drgrange 10 Jan 2016
In reply to ianstevens:

Cheers Ian. Can you still use the camera while it's in a bag style case or do you have to take it out each time?
 ianstevens 10 Jan 2016
In reply to drgrange:

The one I've got has a clear window for taking pics through, and you can use the touchscreen.
OP drgrange 02 Feb 2016
In reply to drgrange:

That looks good.

I have a Griffin case for my 4s phone, similar to Otterbox as I recall.

Bombproof. I made a lanyard by threading thin climbing cord through two openings for buttons/ plugs, then tied ends together. Have used it successfully to video winter action.

Highly water resistant but not water proof; always been fine for me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...