UKC

Laptop PC for teenager

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 16 Dec 2015

Looking to buy a laptop for my step daughter. She currently uses one of the other laptops in the house, but now she has started her GCSEs I think she needs her own. She also spends a night at the weekend at her Dads, so another good reason for her to have her own.

My question is, what spec should I get? It will be a machine for school work, including the various online work that they do, plus no doubt the usual social media stuff. No serious gaming, music production etc.

Price isn't a major consideration, but I also don't want to spend money unnecessarily!
Post edited at 12:48
 Neil Williams 16 Dec 2015
In reply to The New NickB:
For the kind of things they want (which are not things requiring massive power), going to Tesco and spending about £300-£350 will give a decent range of perfectly adequate machines.
Post edited at 13:02
 Gaijin 16 Dec 2015

Laptops (and computers in general) have been in a real good spot for consumers for a good few years now. Essentially, unless you're some kind of gaming fiend, anything laptop you buy will do the basics.

Take her out and find her something pretty she likes. That why, she may be more inclined to look after it, from a damage point of view.
 eltankos 16 Dec 2015

I got myself a decent Asus laptop for £250 off laptops direct last year for doing just these kinds of things.
 Neil Williams 16 Dec 2015
In reply to Gaijin:

I'd add don't bother with Chromebooks etc - you want a Windows machine really for maximum flexibility in future.
OP The New NickB 16 Dec 2015
In reply to eltankos:

Thanks all. I'll avoid laptops direct though, currently waiting for an insurance replacement from laptops direct, they use the worst couriers I have ever experienced.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...