UKC

Map my route problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Peacock 16 Dec 2015
Following on from this thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=615527

As far as I can tell the mapping issue hasn't been resolved. Additionally, the "snap route to automatically follow the roads" feature no longer seems to work. Do we have any idea when these problems might be fixed? When it all worked properly it was great and I have been persevering mapping via aerial photography but it isn't ideal.
 Simon Caldwell 17 Dec 2015
In reply to Mike Peacock:

If it's not going to get fixed (and it's looking increasingly likely that this is going the same way as the Facebook app) then it would be good to know so I don't waste any more time getting my routes in (I currently use bikehike.co.uk, export, and import into UKH). Also can we have an export option so we can take our existing routes elsewhere?
OP Mike Peacock 17 Dec 2015
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

That's partly the reason for my post. I've been persevering in the hope that full functionality eventually resumes. If it isn't going to, I might as well jump ship.
In reply to Mike Peacock:

Hi

Apologies for the silence on this one.

The mapping system is a huge headache for us and we currently don't have a quick solution. I will add this as something we need to look at in January and make a long term decision on.

Thanks

Alan

In reply to Simon Caldwell:

> Also can we have an export option so we can take our existing routes elsewhere?

Don't you have the original GPX files from whatever device you used to record your route?
In reply to captain paranoia:

No, I drew most of the routes using the maps.
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Might be worth talking to the owenrs of bikehike.co.uk in case they're willing to offer any advice - they've not had this problem so perhaps use a different API?
OP Mike Peacock 18 Dec 2015
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Hi Alan, thanks for the reply. Good to know that the issue is still on your radar.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...