UKC

What's Obama ever done on grit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BoulderyDave 20 Dec 2015
I don't know either... But tuned into channel 4 to find out
 Shani 20 Dec 2015
In reply to BoulderyDave:

You watching the program with Obama and Bear "Hoofwanking Bunglecnut" Grylls?
 twm.bwen 20 Dec 2015
In reply to Shani:

Have been watching it. Yes, it's not exactly full of adrenaline pumping activity, but it has been brilliant. Both bear and Obama are remarkable individuals.
 goldmember 20 Dec 2015

The Risk assessment must have been fairly epic
Bernard Shakey 20 Dec 2015

Poor bear has had aright hard time recently on UK Caving , upset lots of folks on there with his antics
 twm.bwen 20 Dec 2015
In reply to Bernard Shakey:

I've never really understood the way some people are so anti him. I guess it's down to jealousy. I shall have a read of the said forum.
 Jacob Ram 20 Dec 2015

I was coping reasonably well until Bear prayed for him.

twm.bwen 20 Dec 2015
In reply to Jacob Ram:

I'm an atheist, but respect the way he sees praying for someone as a giving them something. Each to their own!
 ericinbristol 20 Dec 2015
In reply to Bernard Shakey:

Got a link?
 Dr.S at work 20 Dec 2015
In reply to twm.bwen:

To be fair, in the context of caving, he has shown some remarkably stupid activity on TV - I can imagine the lurkers below would have even more bile for bear than the average UKCer.
 Chris Harris 20 Dec 2015
In reply to goldmember:

> The Risk assessment must have been fairly epic

Indeed. I bet every bear (4 legged type) within 10 miles had been darted, netted & choppered out.

Mike Conlon 21 Dec 2015

Call me an old sentimentalist but I enjoyed it immensely. The interpersonal dynamics were fascinating and BO came across as a very rounded and funny guy. I have a faith so the praying exercise was not out of the ordinary for me.Happy Christmas everyone.

felt 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Mike Conlon:

Yes, it was OK, although I felt a bit sorry for the alder tea, rather overlooked until right at the end.
 Chris Harris 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Chris Harris:

> Indeed. I bet every bear (4 legged type) within 10 miles had been darted, netted & choppered out.

Second thoughts, this is the Americans:

I bet every bear within 10 miles was targeted by drone strikes, which took out most of the local beaver & moose populations....
 krikoman 21 Dec 2015
In reply to twm.bwen:
> I've never really understood the way some people are so anti him. I guess it's down to jealousy. I shall have a read of the said forum.

Yes, I'm really jealous of him. I wish I could pull the wool over so many people eyes and not bat an eyelid, while pretending it's all true.

Quite frankly I'd rather be me, shitting myself up an E1 than pretending.

I did enjoy, what was in effect a couple of hours walk in the countryside.

Though it did feel like a party political broadcast on how green Barry is and why we should act on climate change.
Post edited at 13:28
 Shani 21 Dec 2015
In reply to krikoman:

> Yes, I'm really jealous of him. I wish I could pull the wool over so many people eyes and not bat an eyelid, while pretending it's all true.

That's exactly it; I don't mind him being successful as a promoter of the outdoors - and best of luck to him. However, I am appalled at his lack of integrity - something other outdoor enthusiasts cannot fail to notice, and it cuts deeply.
 Whitters 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Shani:

How do you mean "Lack of integrity"?

I have to say I'm not a massive follower of the Bear so don't really know what the problem with him is.
 malk 21 Dec 2015
In reply to felt:

> Yes, it was OK, although I felt a bit sorry for the alder tea, rather overlooked until right at the end.

didn't you felt for him being felt by a christian?

Shani 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Whitters:

> How do you mean "Lack of integrity"?

Dishonesty in terms of his skills & experience he lays claim to, and dishonesty in terms of what his media output portrays and what in fact is actually occurring; excessive fabrication.
 felt 21 Dec 2015
In reply to malk:

Yes, that was a moving scene.
 nufkin 21 Dec 2015

Will there be a follow-up with messrs Cameron and/or Corbyn?
 Wsdconst 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Jacob Ram:

> I was coping reasonably well until Bear prayed for him.

Me too,turned it off at that bit.
 Wsdconst 21 Dec 2015
In reply to nufkin:

> Will there be a follow-up with messrs Cameron and/or Corbyn?

I'd love to see ca-moron do a 60m abseil on a 50m rope.
 malk 21 Dec 2015
In reply to felt:

> Yes, that was a moving scene.

i found it rather disturbing, but there you go..
 deepsoup 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Whitters:
> How do you mean "Lack of integrity"?

Here, by way of an example, are a couple of hyped up little 'action' films.

This one is about a heli snowboarder doing his thing: youtube.com/watch?v=N40T95wlXFo&

And here's one in which a rock climber talks about how he's soloing, alternates between pretending to solo and pretending to lead (on his well chalked-up cams), but is actually on a top rope throughout: youtube.com/watch?v=GlNJWZ0mlLU&

mbh 21 Dec 2015
Well I was quite emotional after that. What have I been doing all these years? We, now, for a precious few more months before, maybe, the Awful Trump takes over, have the most thoughtful, intelligent, benign leader you could hope for. Be Useful , and Be Kind, he said. What would you rather that a leader would say?
Post edited at 22:02
 Brass Nipples 21 Dec 2015

A five minute walk followed by a picnic and a bit of a chat about climate change.
 Chris Harris 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Orgsm:

> A five minute walk followed by a picnic and a bit of a chat about climate change.

Indeed. The whole thing was like a party political broadcast.

Also, clearly intended for American broadcast as the various Presidential soundbites/witticisms were repeated at regular intervals throughout the programme.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...