UKC

hybrid tits

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
cb294 21 Dec 2015
One for the birdwatchers, sorry to disappoint those who expected a different type of topic....

I have a smallish tit visiting our bird feeder, with a yellowish breast with a black medial stripe, but clear white stripe at the nape (not the diffusely pale nape of a juvenile Great tit). Doesn´t look like a partial leukistic or albinotic bird to me either, the white stripe looks much too precise.

Coal x Great tit hybrid? According to my handbook such hybrids exist, but I have never seen a picture.

Cheers,

CB
 faffergotgunz 21 Dec 2015
In reply to cb294:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2174916/Meet-Total-Recalls-new...

Soz bruv but dis type ov tit iz more interestin...
 RyanOsborne 21 Dec 2015
In reply to cb294:

I've read somewhere that great tit markings can vary a bit, so it could be a marking variant, rather than a hybrid. Was it great tit size or coal tit size?
cb294 21 Dec 2015
In reply to RyanOsborne:

Almost looks more like a yellow breasted / black belly striped coal tit. I know that great tits are quite variable in both size and colouration, but this bird is a bit outside the expected range. Unfortunately I have no idea about its voice.

CB
 krikoman 21 Dec 2015
In reply to cb294:

> Almost looks more like a yellow breasted / black belly striped coal tit. I know that great tits are quite variable in both size and colouration, but this bird is a bit outside the expected range. Unfortunately I have no idea about its voice.

> CB

Shout, "Arthur Scargill" out of the window next time it comes back, if it looks up it's a coal tit, if it ignores you it'll be a great tit.
 Jimbo C 21 Dec 2015
In reply to cb294:

For a moment I thought this was going to be a thread about obnoxious owners of hybrid cars
cb294 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Jimbo C:

How sweet and innocent....

CB
 birdie num num 21 Dec 2015
In reply to cb294:

Mrs Num Num's tits are silicone, but can also be enhanced by gas.
 Philip 21 Dec 2015
In reply to birdie num num:

> Mrs Num Num's tits are silicone, but can also be enhanced by gas.

And I hear she suffers from that quite often.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...