UKC

David Gulpilil, The Hunting Party

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Billhook 21 Dec 2015
I'm trying to locate on line a BBC documentary by Mike Wilesee, called The Hunting Party, which was produced around 1984 and possibly as a part of The World About US series.

The documentary followed a group of Australian SAS and a group of Aboriginals lead by David Gulpilil the actor in a race across 60 miles of the Northern Territories. The SAS made hard work of it and went hungry, avoided crocodile infested water and so on. The aborigines made it look all so easy. They went into croc infested water to catch goannas and so on!

Any way I watched it when it came out on TV and for many years owned a video of it which I had copied off the TV.

Searching on line for it has produced only one result and that the rights for it are vested in Getty images, who look after the BBC rights. But you cannot purchase,view, or download it in anyway unless it is for commercial purposes and it will cost me hundreds of quid to do so - I don't mind paying a fair price but a few hundred quid is a bit much for me.
Needless to say I cannot find it on U-tube.

Anyone out there know of another route to track down this video as I want to see it/and/or own it again?
J1234 22 Dec 2015
In reply to Dave Perry:
It sounds great, if you have any luck could you post on here.
Have you tried YouTube or a Video search on Google, you probably know but there are tabs at the top of google for specific searches Web, News, Video etc
Edit, sorry you seem to have looked hard.
Post edited at 07:59
 Chris Harris 22 Dec 2015
In reply to Reggie Perrin:

> Have you tried YouTube

Have you tried reading the OP?
OP Billhook 22 Dec 2015
In reply to Dave Perry:

Thats OK. I follow the suggestion of looking in Google Videos after looking at U Tube. There is one clip from the documentary included within another documentary!! I'm going to contact that film maker and see if they know where I can get a copy.

Happy Christmas.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...