UKC

Bothies, Huts for NYE

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon_87 23 Dec 2015
Hey do many people spend the night in Bothies or Huts for New Years?

Wondering about heading out to one with the girlfriend, not sure if they'll already be packed or I might be giving away an idea.

If there are people heading out, are they any that will have a good atmosphere?
 Oceanrower 23 Dec 2015
In reply to Simon_87:

I am, but probably not an area you'll be interested in.

A caving hut in the Mendips.

You're welcome to join us though!
OP Simon_87 23 Dec 2015
In reply to Simon_87:

Haha thanks for the invite but I'll decline.

I was just wondering how popular it would be
 MtnGeekUK 23 Dec 2015
In reply to Simon_87:

Went to Dulyn a few years ago as two couples. Was already "full" with MRT ppl, but there's always room for extra!
 Dark-Cloud 23 Dec 2015
In reply to Simon_87:

I don't think you will be the only person with a similar idea, if its decent weather get the tent out !!
 philpdr 23 Dec 2015
In reply to Simon_87:
Lots get used for parties,esp.ones that are only a short walk in.
 girlymonkey 23 Dec 2015
In reply to Simon_87:

We went to Duinish bothy one hogmanay. The local gilly had brought in a load of his pals, masses of food, drink fireworks etc. They welcomed us with open arms and shared their goodies. It was a good laugh.
I think you have to go prepared for there to be others there and the possibility of it not being a standard quiet bothy night, and take some goodies to share
 mlt 25 Dec 2015
In reply to Simon_87:

I was in a bothy in the Cairngorms last year, not long after NYE. I won't say where. But, I came across a shopping bag full of unused condoms, lube packs and a few dispensers worth of rubber gloves. So, if you're in to that sort of thing, you'll have a cracking good time if you're really lucky. But more than likely it'll be dead as a door nail.
 DaveHK 25 Dec 2015
In reply to Simon_87:

Lots of folks go to bothies for Hogmanay. Obviously the more remote the more likely you are to have it to yourself.

As for atmosphere, I've had NY bothy trips that were made much better by the random punters we met there and ones that were totally ruined by the presence of pricks. I dare say I've also been that prick myself.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...