UKC

If the shoe fits...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Šljiva 25 Dec 2015
Sports Direct have Sportiva Kantanas, muira and mythos cheap - £35-£ 50.
 jsmcfarland 25 Dec 2015
In reply to Šljiva:

Just thought I would post this here. While it's nice to get a cheap deal, at what cost? I would hope many climbers would think twice before supporting a company that has such awful business practises and working conditions.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/dec/09/how-sports-direct-effective...
 mrphilipoldham 25 Dec 2015
In reply to jsmcfarland:

But at the same time, the look I imagine on the Geordie's faces when I keep Mike Ashley's pocket lined is one to behold
 Chris the Tall 25 Dec 2015
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Well said, there is also an issue with the way they avoided redundancy payments (and other creditors) by transferring assets out of one subsidiary and into another. Buying from a company like this is akin to buying stolen goods
 jsmcfarland 26 Dec 2015
Must admit I was expecting a torrent of abuse along the lines of 'BUT CAPITALISM IS PERFECT' or something so I'm pleasantly surprised by the muted positive reaction.

@ChrisTheTall - Agree with you. It sucks that the regulatory environment allows giant companies to game the system. I avoid buying from Amazon for the exact reason, IE everything is rigged in 'their' favour, at the expense of ordinary people. I read somewhere or other the 'deficit' the tories keep going on about could be paid off in a year or two if there was no tax avoidance/evasion and the loopholes allowing all these tricks were closed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...