UKC

PIP Joint Issues.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jeromecooper 02 Jan 2016
I appreciate that there are tonnes of articles on UKC and further afield about finger pain, stresses and general problems......... However, I'm curious to hear some thoughts regarding my case.

Basically, Ive been climbing for about 4 years. Mostly trad, but being based in Swanage I climb a modest amount of sport as well. My profile isnt up to date but I climb around 7a/7b RP outside, around 7a/7b/7c OS inside. For the last two months Ive noticed my middle finger PIP joint becomes incredibly stiff after and whilst climbing and only returns to normal after a few days off. I'm convinced its nothing to do with the tendons or ligamnets......... its just odd.. as its exactly the same on both of my hands and only ever the middle finger PIP joint.

There is no visual signs of swelling and it doesnt hold back my crimping / climbing ability although I am aware of the issue.

Through experimentation, Ive found that if i stretch my fingers out really well post session, and put traction on my middle fingers by pulling them it seems to help.

I havent stepped up my training, Im not climbing more than previously, I had a month off but the problem still exists.....

As previously stated, Im not in pain and its not really holding me back but has anyone else experinced this? Should I be concerned ? Anyone know how to remedy the issue.

Cheers, J.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...