UKC

Misleading product descriptions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JJL 04 Jan 2016
My Waitrose clingfilm says "All purpose".

It was 'kin useless for fixing my boiler.
 Philip 04 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

> My Waitrose clingfilm says "All purpose".

> It was 'kin useless for fixing my boiler.

That brand is also pretty useless over the top of bowls in the microwave as I found out tonight trying to heat chilli while our kitchen is redone.
OP JJL 04 Jan 2016
In reply to Philip:

I've got a packet of peanuts here that advises me that "If you are not completely satisfied with this product, please return it for a full refund".

They were pretty nice nuts... but am I wrong to need a little more in order to be "completely satisfied"?
 Wsdconst 04 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

That's nothing,earlier on I went to selfridges but they don't so that was a wasted trip. And don't even get me started on boots,because they don't have any in stock. but the worst one is mothercare I left her there for 3 days and they didn't even offer her a drink.as far as products go I had a mars bar earlier but very much doubt it was from there,my crisps are labelled as walkers but they haven't moved from the cupboard in 2 weeks and the amount of times I've snorted Coke and instead of being off my tits, just had a sore nose is unbelievable. It's beyond a bloody joke.
 ByEek 05 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

I love the fact you can buy Waitrose "Essentials" Balsamic Vinegar!
abseil 05 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

> It was 'kin useless for fixing my boiler.

Use a double layer like I do, works a treat.
 timjones 05 Jan 2016
In reply to ByEek:

> I love the fact you can buy Waitrose "Essentials" Balsamic Vinegar!

I'm always amused by Aldi Diet High Impact Energy Drink with zero calories!
 Chris Harris 05 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

Robinson's Bitter has been described as beer on more than one occasion by the people who make it. Quite clearly an entirely false assertion.
 Andy Hardy 05 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

Reminds me of a Viz letter - to the makers of Dulux "once": please rename it to "at least twice, possibly more depending on the light"
 Rob Exile Ward 05 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

Saw a jar of Horseradish sauce the other day, on it it said 'Ideal accompaniment for Roast Beef... Suitable for vegetarians.'

I kid you not.
 goldmember 05 Jan 2016
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

KP Peanuts - produced in a factory which handles peanuts
 Martin W 05 Jan 2016
In reply to Wsdconst:

> That's nothing,earlier on I went to selfridges but they don't so that was a wasted trip

You went to the wrong one: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/london/galleries/8...

(I was going to say "oh yes they do" - I'm sure I remember looking at fridges in the basement of their Oxford Street shop many years ago - but it seems that they no longer do white goods.)
 aln 05 Jan 2016
In reply to Chris Harris:

>Bitter has been described as beer on more than one occasion by the people who make it. Quite clearly an entirely false assertion.

FTFY
 MG 05 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

Anything hand-cooked is dubious.
 Wsdconst 05 Jan 2016
In reply to Martin W:

Now that looks like a trustworthy fridge purchasing outlet. Wonder what kind of guarantee they offer?
 Tobes 05 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

I find the fact that labels on products have to say 'serving suggestion' hilarious. eg a can of beans, which has a picture of beans on toast, on a plate, on a table in a kitchen has to inform people that this is a only a 'serving suggestion'. Because I'm sure if they didn't have this disclaimer some tw*t would complain that there wasn't the toast, plate, table and everything else in the can!

it's probably only this country that needs too highlight this aspect of the packaging.
 Brass Nipples 05 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

I bought a boiler, hasn't boiled the water once!
 john arran 05 Jan 2016
In reply to Orgsm:

On that point, people keep telling me to put the kettle on. I've tried, but I can never get it to fit.
 DerwentDiluted 06 Jan 2016

My complaint about my ice axes wasn't the description at all, it was that they melted.
 Scarab9 06 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

Nuts and a blow job would be an odd product....

> I've got a packet of peanuts here that advises me that "If you are not completely satisfied with this product, please return it for a full refund".

> They were pretty nice nuts... but am I wrong to need a little more in order to be "completely satisfied"?

Timmd 06 Jan 2016
In reply to abseil:

> Use a double layer like I do, works a treat.

A plate or dish or bowl over the top works well too.
 Dave the Rave 06 Jan 2016
In reply to JJL:

I bought this large 'hound type' dog from a bloke in a white leather suit, with a quiff and a medallion.
He said it was a high class dog, with a good pedigree and I was guaranteed rabbits and it would always be my friend.
It was a pure lie. I took it rabbiting and it just lay there with its paws over its face whimpering.
I can't find this bloke for love nor money!
OP JJL 06 Jan 2016
In reply to Scarab9:

And one swallow didn't make my summer either

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...