UKC

Vets in/around Calais to sign a rabies card

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Before I board the ferry to return to the UK with the dog I need a vet to sign something/goive the dog a test or something. Does anyone have any suggestions for convenient places near Calais?
 ChrisJD 09 Jan 2016
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Your dog must have been vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days before travel back to UK. Also need tapeworm tablet just before return. And have the 'Pet Passport' docs.

Suggest you read this for the finer details !

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/travel-within-the-eu
In reply to ChrisJD: I know all that stuff. He has the rabies injection and PP already. I'm after a recommended vet to do the tapeworm thing before I get back on the ferry. Got any suggestions?

yorkshireman 09 Jan 2016
Any vet can do the worm thing - just google one. It can be done up to five days before leaving I think so you don't need to leave it to the last minute. They just give a tablet and sign the PP. Whenever we take our dog to the UK we get it done down here a few days before leaving.

My local vet (southern French Alps) is always doing it for British tourists this time of year.

I just checked the Calais tourist office website and they have a list of recommended vets (although they're not listed that I can find on the site). You can call them on +33 (0)321 96 62 40
Post edited at 11:12
In reply to yorkshireman: That's great, much obliged.

ChrisJD 09 Jan 2016

> I know all that stuff.

Well your post made you sound like you didn't have a clue! It asked about getting the 'rabies card signed' which isn't a requirement if the rabies injection details you already have in your PP is valid for return into UK (best check it is !) and ' a vet to sign something/give the dog a test or something' !

Glug 09 Jan 2016

The worming tablet has to be given at least 24 hours and not more than 120 hours before returning to the uk.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...