UKC

Mountain Equipment jacket zips broken

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyd1970 09 Jan 2016
My Mountain Equipment Tupilak II Jacket zip has broken
I have had the jacket about 3 years but as its not my only jacket its not been abused and is in very good condition for the age.
I have emailed Mountain Equipment tonight, so probably won't get a response till Monday but was wondering has anyone else had issue with zips
The zip teeth have come away from the sealed part of the zip about 1/2" and won't fasten and just gets stuck.
I have had lots of ME gear over the years and found it to be great, so hopefully they can help me as I am guessing the warranty would of ran out by now
 gethin_allen 09 Jan 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

Surely you could just wait until they reply to you before have a go at them on a public forum.
If they reply and you don't think their response if fair then maybe have a dig at them but until then give them a chance.
 john_mx 09 Jan 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

I have to say I have never had anything wrong with any Mountain Equipment products I own, they are one on my go to brands.
 MtnGeekUK 10 Jan 2016
In reply to gethin_allen:

Think the OP asked a reasonable question here, without a dig a ME. Merely asking if anyone else has had a similar issue?
OP andyd1970 10 Jan 2016
In reply to gethin_allen: Where have I had a go at them. If u read my post again it says that I think their gear is great, just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience as I am due to go to Scotland soon and I need to know where I stand.

neil9216 10 Jan 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

My wife owned a Rab
alpine light down jacket,
She had it for over 5 years when the main zip broke,
I called Rab and they asked me to send it back
The fixed it FOC

I'd imagine most gear manufacturers would do similar or possibly charge a small fee depending on the issue

Over the last ten years or so I've had two or three reason to return gear to manufacturer and every time I've found the manufacturer to sort the issue pretty quickly They gave either a replacement or repair so I reckon Mountain equipment will sort this out for you,
 ipfreely 11 Jan 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

Big outdoor equipment company's tend to be pretty good , had to send a Berghaus gore-tex jacket back with a broken zip & they sorted it, i only had to pay to post it to them .
OP andyd1970 11 Jan 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

Mountain equipment are on the case, so fingers crossed
 Si dH 12 Jan 2016
In reply to neil9216:
Hesitate to recommend rab on a thread about zips, since they are easily the worst of the main brands on the market since they made they water resistant 3-4 years back. Failure rate is extremely high and fixing them a ball-ache.
Post edited at 07:24

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...