UKC

Sony xperia problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 10 Jan 2016
Hi, I have a new xperia M4 and it keeps switching itself off and on automatically. It can be sitting on a table top and after awhile it just reboots. It does this several times a day. I've searched the web and this seems a common problem with various people offering possible solutions, but no real fix. I'll take it back to the shop today, but given that others have gone through a long cycle of multiple returns and repairs and still don't have a working phone, I was wondering if anyone was having the same issue and how they solved it. Thanks.
 Peter Leeming 10 Jan 2016
In reply to David Coley:

Hi David

I'm sorry I can't offer a fix, but my 12 month old Sony Experia M3 has gone dead twice, the first time for about three days then suddenly it came back to life. Currently in its second death throes since Thursday and although I keep checking for vital signs...... if anyone out there can suggest a fix for my M3 or David's M4, thanks in advance

Pete
OP David Coley 10 Jan 2016
In reply to Peter Leeming:

Hi, just been to carphone warehouse and they just did a factory reset on the grounds this is all sony would do first time around. I'll let you know if it sorted it.

w.r.t. your dead phone, I think I saw when I was googling my issue that others had a dead phone like yours and think I saw some stuff (might be have been youtube) on fixing it.
 Peter Leeming 10 Jan 2016
In reply to David Coley:

Thanks, sorted!
 Scarab9 10 Jan 2016
In reply to David Coley:

I'd a bit of a look (mine did the same but didn't last long before it swandived on to some concrete so never became an issue ... ) and I can't imagine there being much of a fix from the sounds of it. Can you return it and get a different pho e or have you had it a while?
 Pete Pozman 10 Jan 2016
In reply to David Coley:

Mine goes onto screen saver and I just have to leave it till the battery runs down. Then on recharging it works again. Also I don't seem to be able to store things on the SD card I put in. Any tips . It keeps telling me I'm out of storage space. I bought an SD card with 7/8 gigs on it, but it's all empty. I won't be getting another Sony Experia!
OP David Coley 13 Jan 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Well the factory reset didn't work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...