UKC

Importing routes from Excel Spreadsheet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LukeDclimber 10 Jan 2016
Does anyone know if it is possible to import logbook entries from an excel spreadsheet?
 Wayne S 10 Jan 2016
In reply to LukeDclimber:

Just click on download in "my logbook". Simples. Hard part is separating stars from grade if that sort of thing bothers you!

Wayne
 dmca 11 Jan 2016
In reply to Wayne S:

That's exporting to excel. Importing from a spreadsheet would be doing the reverse, i.e. typing them up in excel and uploading the data (at least that's how I read it). This would be a lot harder for ukc to accomplish since it'd have to check and parse the data (or just reject everything that isn't perfectly formatted)
In reply to dmca:

> That's exporting to excel. Importing from a spreadsheet would be doing the reverse, i.e. typing them up in excel and uploading the data (at least that's how I read it). This would be a lot harder for ukc to accomplish since it'd have to check and parse the data (or just reject everything that isn't perfectly formatted)

True, although we are set up to do that with crag and route information. However I don't think we have ever added the facility to reverse upload a logbook. Paul is away this week though but I will bring his attention to this thread.

Alan
 dmca 11 Jan 2016
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Well in that case, I'd love to see it (ideally via a CSV rather than excel specifically). Being able to record routes via my own app/spreadsheet/whatever way I prefer to generate a text file while away from the internet and upload them en mass would be great.
In reply to LukeDclimber:

I doubt we will ever implement something like this. In order for you to record ascents like this you would either have to enter the id's of the routes or we would have to do some fuzzy search for crag names and route names. The latter option would be inaccurate and might actually end up picking up routes that you haven't actually climbed.

With the logbook updates its pretty easy these days to multi select many routes to record ascents. I think you'll just need to take the time to do this.

As Wayne has said, we have the option to export your logbook should you ever want to store this information locally.
 dmca 11 Jan 2016
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

yeah that was my initial thought. Fair enough

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...