UKC

La Palma Canary island

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gary9t9 11 Jan 2016
Hi All,

Needing some urgent help!!

Going to La Palma on thursday and still yet to find a guide book, there is a website stating 140 sport routes.

I have searched high and low any help please people

Thanks
Gary
OP gary9t9 11 Jan 2016
In reply to Heike:

Hi Heike,

Thank you, that is all I have managed to find.

Such a shame there does not seem to be much around about this

Thanks
Gary
 Heike 11 Jan 2016
In reply to gary9t9:

Hmmm, that one cliff looks like a good one though, so maybe just head there and nick the guidebook of other people Looked like a well visited cliff!
 helin 11 Jan 2016
In reply to gary9t9:

Hi I bought a book from outside recently, they had both of the most recent guides that have been produced

PM me if you want any specific info - if you're staying in the North there's loads of crags

I only went to Fataga and Tamadaba (which is about 50mins drive but has loads of crags and is gorgeous)

Cheers Helen

OP gary9t9 12 Jan 2016
In reply to helin:

Hi Helen,

i have dropped you a PM

Thanks
Gary
 bdgm 12 Jan 2016
In reply to gary9t9:

Hi Gary, I think Helen is talking about Gran Canaria and not La Palma.

I,ve been to La Palma quite a few times just for relaxing holidays with a bit of walking and last year thought about taking the rock gear for a bit of cragging. I couldn,t find any guide book or topos for the crags. I think there are only about 8 crags developed on the island. The only possible info. i could come up with was the website for the local climbing club on the island,. There is a contact email you could get in touch with. All the best, Brett

http://piedraviva-lapalma.es/
 bdgm 12 Jan 2016
In reply to gary9t9:

Just been looking through that club website and it does say there is no guidebook and you should contact the club at the local climbing wall. Brett
OP gary9t9 12 Jan 2016
In reply to bdgm:

Thanks Brett

i have emailed these guys so many times with no joy
 helin 12 Jan 2016
In reply to gary9t9:

Yeah sorry I thought it was a thread about Gran Canaria

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...