UKC

new toe rands on boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TomGB 11 Jan 2016

anyone know where I can get just some toe rands repairs. I have my mountain boots resoled w/ new rand by cheshire shoes last year and the toe rand fell apart on the first wear. Sent them back and the same happened again.

I'm not sending them back there again (shame as they'd previously done a decent job on rock shoes) but can't find anywhere that'll just do toe rands without a resole. Is it something I can do myself? Do I even need them? The boots still seem to be waterproof they just look mega-scruffy at the front.
Post edited at 14:40
 SenzuBean 11 Jan 2016
In reply to TomGB:

I don't know about new rands, but I have used McNett Freesole on some leather boots for repairing scratches on the leather - and it's worked ace. Hasn't peeled even one bit over 18 months and numerous bits of boggy walking and rocks. If you can't get a new rand sorted might be an idea to try and seal with this stuff. Just make sure you clean the shoe properly to get rid of any waxes/oils/water before using glue (water, brushing, and alcoholic handwash + tissues worked well for me).
Apparently they do a black option as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...