UKC

Insurance for UK/Europe Climbing and Winter Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 thecruxclimber 11 Jan 2016
Just wondering what people can recommend. I have several trips planned this year in the UK and Europe, both trad/sports climbing, some winter climbing and maybe Via Ferrata. Might go to the Alps too if I have any money left lol. Ideally a policy that can cvoer me and my partner for the whole year would be good, as single trip I expect will make it more expensive. I know the BMC is very expensive but am unsure who else to consider.
 Webster 11 Jan 2016
In reply to thecruxclimber:

AAC - austrian alpine club (section britanica).

yearly membership costs around £40 and gives pretty decent rescue and repatriation cover but no travel cover (stolen gear etc). It lasts for a callender year so your best getting it now. also gives good discounts on many alpine huts.

except at a select few crags you dont need any insurance for climbin/mountaineering in the UK, but basic BMC/MCofS membership gives you 3rd party liability cover incase someone wants to sue you!
In reply to Webster:

Thank you that is super helpful I shall have a look later!
 neilwiltshire 11 Jan 2016
In reply to thecruxclimber:

Worth getting an EHIC as well (European Health Insurance Card) which is free and entitles you to a certain amount of free healthcare in EU countries which I believe just gets charged back to the NHS.

Apply here: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.asp...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...