UKC

How desperate...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 12 Jan 2016
...would you need to be for a few million to do this:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jan/12/rupert-murdoch-and-jerry-hall-...

<Shudder>
 The Lemming 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Well the rule of thumb is half your age plus seven.

No wait. Do you think he married her for money?

Shut the front door
 Andy Hardy 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

It reads like an obscene game of pass the parcel. Obviously Roop's not as young as he was, but , God forbid, if the worst did happen, I'm sure he'd want to make sure Jerry was looked after.

</boak>
 Dauphin 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

She always gave me the horrors. She always had a penchant for wealthy dinosaurs though.

D
 summo 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

it is very disappointing, he could do so much better.
 gribble 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I can only assume that during the good years she failed to make adequate pension arrangements.
 Andy Morley 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> ...would you need to be for a few million to do this:

It says quite a lot about the clientele in this forum that no-one even considered the possibility that they might just get along together!
 Rob Exile Ward 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Andy Morley:

'Tell me, Ms Hall, what first attracted you to the octagenerian billionaire?'
In reply to Andy Morley:

You seem quite fond of disparaging 'the clientele of this forum' or have I misunderstood you?
 Chris the Tall 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Is it wrong to hope that the wedding night might finish him off ?
 Andy Morley 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

> 'Tell me, Ms Hall, what first attracted you to the octagenerian billionaire?'

She's no spring chicken, nor would I imagine is she poor. They probably have quite a lot in common.
 BnB 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Andy Morley:

Ms Hall isn't alone in admiring an alpha male and this chap is more powerful than most nations, let alone their leaders. I don't think money is her primary motivation
In reply to BnB:

Fair play to Rupert Murdoch, he's finally found someone who enjoys f*cking people for money as much as he does, and fair play to Jerry for finding a younger looking man.
 Timmd 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:
I'm finding myself wondering if there isn't a certain amount of ageism at work in people posting 'shudder' on facebook and the like?

I dare say there's plenty of other couples their age.

I find it hard enough to give enough of a shit to dislike them being a couple. So what? Imho
Post edited at 17:36
OP Yanis Nayu 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Timmd:

> I'm finding myself wondering if there isn't a certain amount of ageism at work in people posting 'shudder' on facebook and the like?

> I dare say there's plenty of other couples their age.

> I find it hard enough to give enough of a shit to dislike them being a couple. So what? Imho

It's not ageism, it's cnutism. There doesn't always have to be an -ism you know?
OP Yanis Nayu 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> Fair play to Rupert Murdoch, he's finally found someone who enjoys f*cking people for money as much as he does, and fair play to Jerry for finding a younger looking man.

Brilliant!
abseil 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Dauphin:

> .....She always had a penchant for wealthy dinosaurs though.

But why would that be, if so? According to the BBC she's worth US$15 million....
 Timmd 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
> It's not ageism, it's cnutism. There doesn't always have to be an -ism you know?

I guess cnutism is fair enough, perhaps I'm getting softer as I age, I've found myself feeling pleased for them finding love later in life.

Edit: I don't like Murdoch at all by the way.
Post edited at 20:09
 DerwentDiluted 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

The tabloid portmanteau will be 'Rupall'
 The New NickB 12 Jan 2016
In reply to abseil:

> But why would that be, if so? According to the BBC she's worth US$15 million....

I suspect she is used to a lifestyle where US$15m doesn't actually go that far.
 pec 12 Jan 2016
In reply to abseil:

> But why would that be, if so? According to the BBC she's worth US$15 million.... >

But is it that she's managed to accumulate $15 million over her career so far or that she's only got $15 million of it left?
How much $15 million looks like depends on what angle you're looking at it from.
abseil 14 Jan 2016
In reply to The New NickB:

> I suspect she is used to a lifestyle where US$15m doesn't actually go that far.

Yes, I suppose so, and that it wouldn't be enough for some [no-one I know though......]
abseil 14 Jan 2016
In reply to pec:

> How much $15 million looks like depends on what angle you're looking at it from.

Dead right - 15 million isn't much for some people, and 100 quid is a lot for some people I've met [e.g. some I knew in India].
 IMA 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

and there could be a pre nup
 johnjohn 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

...we want pre nup!

I ain't sayin'... actually I am saying maybe she has a type running from Jean Paul Satre via Mick Jagger to Rupie M. If I was Gollum I'd be worried.

Alternatively, maybe she just let old age creep up on her?
 Albert Tatlock 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Jerry Hall's view on being a good wife

"to keep a man, you must be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom"?

Wonder if Rupert is up to the job
 johnjohn 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Albert Tatlock:

Actually that's what Jerry Hall's mother told her. At which Jerry said she'd decided simply to hire a maid and a cook...

john arran 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Albert Tatlock:

> "to keep a man, you must be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom"?

> Wonder if Rupert is up to the job

You're wondering if Rupert is up to keeping a man?
Do you think he's more likely to fail at being a maid, a cook or a whore?
 Babika 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Andy Morley:

> She's no spring chicken, . They probably have quite a lot in common.

Hang on, she's 59 and he's 84!

I don't know how old you are Andy but, pretending you were 59 how would you feel if someone said you "had a lot in common" with an 84 year old woman!!!

Andy Morley 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Babika:
> I don't know how old you are Andy but, pretending you were 59 how would you feel if someone said you "had a lot in common" with an 84 year old woman!!!

Depends how conservative you are as an individual. When I was around 40, I had a close relationship with a woman twice my age. I used to stay with her in her house in Coniston, go sailing on Coniston Water in her racing dinghy and she taught me the basics of sailboarding as well as giving me all sorts of interesting beta on places to go up the Old Man of Coniston. What's not to like about a relationship like that, which had the added benefit that my missus didn't appear to mind? If you're Mr or Mrs Conventional then I guess you would harumph at such an idea and tuck your shirt safely into your underpants, but not everyone is quite so confined in their thinking and relationships.
Post edited at 20:15
 Brass Nipples 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

What a conservative so and so you are. What other thungs do you disapprove if that don't fit your idea of how relationships can be?
 Rob Exile Ward 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Andy Morley:
Crikey. You do extrapolate then make judgements a lot ('if you're Mr Conventional') from a simple - and perfectly reasonable - comment.

I think you ought to wind it in a bit, tbh.
Post edited at 20:16
OP Yanis Nayu 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Orgsm:

You'll have to forgive my scepticism over Ms Hall's motives for wanting to marry the rich, physically and morally repugnant Mr Murdoch.
OP Yanis Nayu 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Babika:

> Hang on, she's 59 and he's 84!

> I don't know how old you are Andy but, pretending you were 59 how would you feel if someone said you "had a lot in common" with an 84 year old woman!!!

To be fair, I think having a lot in common with someone of the opposite sex and with a large age difference is entirely possible. In Hall and Murdoch'scase its probably a love of money and power that unites them.
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> Is it wrong to hope that the wedding night might finish him off ?

Yes, because you have to imagine him trying to thumb a soft one into a dry one. Yikes!
 Andy Morley 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> You'll have to forgive my scepticism over Ms Hall's motives for wanting to marry the rich, physically and morally repugnant Mr Murdoch.

I think I can extrapolate with some confidence that Rupert Murdoch probably won't be spending much of his time bothering himself over the thoughts and doings of people who marry someone who they were at school with, have 2.4 children and spend their lives working as schoolteachers. Or whatever.
In reply to Timmd:
Out of mendacious interest,
name some, with a 20+ age gap, and which appear faintly 'reasonable'

Post edited at 22:13
In reply to john arran:

perm 2 of 3 ?
 Andy Morley 14 Jan 2016
If the missus ever walks out on me, I personally shall do my very, very best to emulate Lucien Freud:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01952/freudmoss2_1952703a.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/96/44/36/964436856c1bb244276882d8...

(Give me Kate Moss over Jerry Hall any day of the week...)
OP Yanis Nayu 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Andy Morley:

Is that portrait supposed to be of Kate Moss?
 Andy Morley 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
> Is that portrait supposed to be of Kate Moss?

It's art. Not the sort of thing that I imagine you personally would commission to hang on your staircase alongside the portraits of Lieutentant-Colonel Sir Biggs Wallaby or Great Uncle Arthur the school caretaker or whoever else graces your hallway.

Here's Freud's 'Benefits Supervisor Sleeping':

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/22/article-2017441-0D1BC72F00000578-...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSyUffIBoud4HCjqqRdHX...
Post edited at 08:01
 lummox 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Andy Morley:

I think it's great that human/turtle love is now accepted in society.
 galpinos 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Andy Morley:

> ........I personally shall do my very, very best to emulate Lucien Freud:

And do what; become the “pre-eminent British artist of your time”? Why would you need your missus to leave you or that to happen?
 Andy Morley 15 Jan 2016
In reply to galpinos:

> And do what; become the “pre-eminent British artist of your time”? Why would you need your missus to leave you or that to happen?

Ah... I think you may have spotted a fundamental flaw in my plan...
 Timmd 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Ade in Sheffield:

> Out of mendacious interest,

> name some, with a 20+ age gap, and which appear faintly 'reasonable'

>

Jerry Hall & Rupert Murdoch, they're both worldly wise adults.
In reply to Andy Morley:

> It's art. Not the sort of thing that I imagine you personally would commission to hang on your staircase alongside the portraits of Lieutentant-Colonel Sir Biggs Wallaby or Great Uncle Arthur the school caretaker or whoever else graces your hallway.

> Here's Freud's 'Benefits Supervisor Sleeping':

I know it's art, the point I was making is that it's shit.
 Andy Morley 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> I know it's art, the point I was making is that it's shit.

And the point I was making was that Lucien Freud and his patrons might also be similarly unconcerned about your views on his stuff. Rupert Murdoch probably isn't that gutted either that you might be disapproving of his relationship. At the end of the day, the same question remains as to your views on both of those people - who is it who gets photographed leaving his appartment with a supermodel on his arm and who spends his time criticising other people's lives on an Internet forum? 'The dogs bark but the caravan moves on'.
 krikoman 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> I know it's art, the point I was making is that it's shit.

Why is it shit?

the second link might be, but surely the first one is art, you might not like the subject, but there's skill, thought, and time, gone into it's making and maybe if that was a picture of your wife or mother you'd be very proud of it.
In reply to krikoman:

> Why is it shit?

> the second link might be, but surely the first one is art, you might not like the subject, but there's skill, thought, and time, gone into it's making and maybe if that was a picture of your wife or mother you'd be very proud of it.

No I wouldn't, because it would resemble either of them about as much as it resembles Kate Moss.
 Andy Morley 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> No I wouldn't, because it would resemble either of them about as much as it resembles Kate Moss.

Mate, never EVER look at Picasso.
In reply to Andy Morley:

Can't stand Picasso.
 JoshOvki 16 Jan 2016
In reply to Andy Morley:

The car?
 coinneach 16 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Is that portrait supposed to be of Kate Moss?

Someone mention Gollum?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...