UKC

UKC Logbook RAD descriptions broken

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Angrypenguin 12 Jan 2016
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere. Like the new UKC logbook, lots of cool new features, I like the direct connection to RAD so I can see what's sensitive and whats not. However, UKC seems to tell me that everything is green everywhere, even when a crag is banned. Attached photos are Blackrocks quarry in Somerset for example.

http://imgur.com/a/ikGv0
In reply to Angrypenguin:

Thanks for letting us know about this. I've turned the RAD access information off while we look into a fix.

Not sure why that access wasn't updated by I've corrected it now at Black Rocks Quarry

Thanks for letting us know.
OP Angrypenguin 18 Jan 2016

Something still doesn't connect though. Blackrocks now seems to have the desired behavior, but something like Vixen Tor, although it has no entry signs next to all the routes, the little BMC box still says "no access issues".

Image: http://imgur.com/yVRAifs

I think there must've been a problem with the initial data sync as new RAD data definitely updates the crag status on UKC correctly. Both of these you've highlighted are from before the new logbook system.

I'll review the access state of all the RAD crags we have data for today and make sure it's in sync sorted.

Should definitely be sorted now. (fingers crossed)
 Mike Conlon 19 Jan 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH: I don't pretend to understand the faults as described but I was given to understand that the BMC were updating the whole RAD system in the New Year. It is not linked to that is it ?
In reply to Mike Conlon:

No, it was the initial data sync.

Hopefully they will adopt the 4 colour system we use on UKC now. UKC uses:
Green - No Problems
Blue - Advice The extra colour
Orange - Restrictions
Red - Banned

The Advice colour is handy on a few crags like Cratcliffe Tor, Stanage Popular, Harrison's Rocks which are either green or orange on the BMC.
OP Angrypenguin 20 Jan 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

That looks better. I like that it even highlights issues/banned when mousing over a crag icon on the map. Great stuff.

Cheers, appreciate the comments

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...