UKC

The Hateful Eight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 14 Jan 2016

Went to see this last night.

What a strange film. I didn't know whether to laugh or vomit.

Might make me feel distinctly uneasy next time I find my self holed up in a bothy in a blizzard with 7 strangers.

Absorbing though........
Post edited at 09:05
 Queenie 07 Feb 2016
In reply to Trangia:

I just heard that my cousin took his 10yr old son to see this in the US, and that he was permitted to enter as he was with an adult. Can this be right? I can't find the US rating.
 Jon Stewart 07 Feb 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Felt kind of similar about it. The fact that while I didn't really like it, I wasn't bored (and it's pretty long) says something in favour of the film. I wouldn't say much more than that about it though, I guess if you really like Tarantino, you'll really like this, but if you think he's a bit of a dick...
 Dauphin 07 Feb 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Indulgent. The first 15-20 minutes basically Tarantino giving a F.U. to his critics. Enjoyed it though. Don't think it will receive many repeat viewings.

D
 broken spectre 08 Feb 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Tedious film.
Removed User 08 Feb 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> Felt kind of similar about it. The fact that while I didn't really like it, I wasn't bored (and it's pretty long) says something in favour of the film. I wouldn't say much more than that about it though, I guess if you really like Tarantino, you'll really like this, but if you think he's a bit of a dick...

You just convinced me not to see it.
 Joel Perkin 08 Feb 2016
In reply to Trangia:

I saw it a few week or so ago. I felt it took a lot while for anything to happen and I didn't really enjoy it at the time.

That said, when I think back now, I actually think I quite enjoyed it... Very absorbing and quite a clever story!

Classic Tarantino "over the top" violence though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...