UKC

I need help with some shoes, from someone else with odd feet...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Soapy 14 Jan 2016
My right foot is half a size larger than my left. This hasn't been an issue in my life until I started getting into bouldering. But upon the purchase of a pair of UK size 9 Evolv Shamans, the difference became painfully obvious. Literally. The left foot was perfect but I had to buy another pair in size 9.5 for my right, which were far too loose on my left to be useable. Am I a freak of nature or is there someone else out there with the same problem? If so would you like to become my shoe buying buddy? Because buying two pairs to have one useable set is too expensive to be sustainable, and throwing away the other ones is just wrong.
 EddInaBox 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Soapy:

About 60% of people have different sized feet, and of those 80% have a larger left foot, so there should be plenty of matches out there for you. Alternatively, I have a larger left foot and a few years ago I found out that Evolv will supply split size shoes, so I contacted the U.K. importer http://beyondhope.co.uk/our-brands/evolv/ and they added my request to their next order from The States, it took a couple of weeks to arrive and cost a bit more though.
Soapy 14 Jan 2016
In reply to EddInaBox:

Thanks for the heads-up. Retrospectively my impulse purchase was a bit silly, but I can't resist a clearance bargain; which it obviously has turned out not to be!
 Martin Bennett 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Soapy:

I'm the opposite and around the same size(s) and would love to be your "shoe-buddy" but it probably wouldn't work I don't think. We'd have to agree on the style, maker, and model of shoe for one thing. Then there's the vagaries of the manufacturer's sizing. For instance I have 3 different models of Five 10 shoes on the go at the moment and I take a 9 in one, a 9.5 in the second and a 10 in the third, and they're from just one maker! Just too many variables I think.
 Mr Trebus 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Soapy:

Have you tried adding a sock on the loose foot?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...